FREE CHRISTMAS DINNER
WHEN: Sunday, December 25, 2016, 12 – 2pm
WHERE: Blessed Sacrament Church, Parish Hall, 5050 8th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115 (on Metro bus routes 26, 70 or 67)
WHAT: Blessed Sacrament Church will be serving free Christmas dinner on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
- Mixed Vegetables
- Pasta Salad
- Green Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Plus Bread, Beverages & Dessert
PAID BARISTA TRAINING PROGRAM
WHEN: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 3pm
WHERE: YouthCare’s James W. Ray Orion Center, 1828 Yale Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
WHAT: The paid barista training program is hiring! Applicants must attend the orientation in order to apply. To learn more about the program and to complete an application, please attend a Barista Open House (held every Tuesday at 3pm).
- Must be between 16 – 24 years old
- Legal to work in the U.S. with 2 forms of ID (photo ID and birth certificate/social security card)
- Unstably housed, homeless or street involved
- Ability to complete an 8-week training program and willing to develop employment and education goals
- Available Monday – Thursday 1 – 6pm, Friday 8:30am – 5pm
Applications are due by Friday, January 13, 2017.
QUESTIONS: Contact Reena Riojas, 206.291.5348, or email@example.com.
KING COUNTY SHUTTLE DRIVER HIRING EVENT
WHEN: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 1:30 – 5pm
WHERE: WorkSource Auburn, 2707 I St NE, Auburn, WA 98002
WHAT: TransDev is hosting a hiring event at WorkSource Auburn for shuttle drivers to serve King County.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Have a clean driving record with no more than 2 minor moving violations in the past 3 years
- Able to pass a drug test & criminal history check
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Possess a Washington State Driver’s License
- Able to obtain D.O.T. Medical card & provide updated driver’s abstract
Hourly rate is $15.97/hour after one paid month of training at $11.50/hour. Competitive benefits package. Apply online prior to the event, Job ID: 2016-5091. Due to limited space, registration is required.
LITERACY SOURCE IS REGISTERING NEW STUDENTS
WHEN: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 9:30am -12:30pm or 5:30 – 8:30pm & Thursday, January 5, 2017, 9:30am – 12:30pm or 5:30 – 8:30pm
WHERE: Literacy Source, 3200 NE 125th St, Seattle, WA 98125
WHAT: Literacy Source is holding new student orientations in January 2017 at their Lake City location. Literacy Source offers free classes and one-on-one tutoring to low income adults in:
- Citizenship Prep
- Basic Reading
- Basic Writing
- Basic Math
- Digital Literacy
- GED Prep
- English & the Workplace
Childcare will be provided during the morning orientation times. Call to register your child prior to the orientation.
TO REGISTER: Call 206.782.2050 or visit the Literacy Source registration website.
STRESS & DEVELOPMENT LABORATORY IS SEEKING PARTICIPANTS
WHERE: University of Washington, 3939 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
WHAT: The Stress and Development lab at the University of Washington seeks families with children between the ages of 5 – 6 years old to participate in a psychology study about attention and memory. The study is 2 – 2.5 hours long. Participation involves a home visit from two experimenters from the lab, where your child will play a variety of games that involve focus, planning and memory skills. You will also be asked to complete several questionnaires about your child and home life. Participation is voluntary. Parents receive $40 compensation, child receives $30 for your time.