At Solid Ground, we believe that people know best what they need and should be involved in decisions that affect their lives. Our Community Accountability Council (CAC) provides input to help us understand and incorporate the real-life experiences of people who come to us for services to help shape Solid Ground policies and programs.
We’re currently seeking new members; see how to apply below!
About the CAC
The CAC is made up of Solid Ground community members committed to leading change – people who understand that what’s happening in their lives is also happening to other people. CAC members participate in leadership development, advocacy, and social justice training to engage decision makers. Together, we explore the root causes of poverty and ways to address them to promote community-driven solutions to issues affecting people experiencing poverty in the Seattle/King County area. If you have ever wondered why the struggle is so real or questioned why the help you get sometimes makes life harder, this Council may be for you.
CAC members are asked to:
- Attend monthly 2-hour meetings (currently 3rd Thursdays of each month).
- Actively voice your opinions and share your experiences with the group.
- Commit to support Solid Ground’s work to end poverty and undo oppressions that keep people trapped in poverty.
- A monthly honorarium of $75
- Dinner at meetings
Available as needed:
- Childcare during meetings
- Transportation to and from meetings
Ways to Apply
We’re seeking new members! To help us get to know you better, please complete and submit our CAC Application. There’s no need to write an essay for the open-ended questions; instead, share your thoughts in a few sentences.
- Apply Online: Our online application is embedded below.
- Word document application: Download/complete the Word doc application and return it to Tiffany Lamoreaux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CAC PDF application: Print/complete the PDF application and mail it to: Solid Ground CAC, 1501 N 45th St, Seattle, WA 98103, Attn: Tiffany Lamoreaux
- Apply by phone: If you prefer to explain your thoughts verbally, email email@example.com to set up a time to answer the same questions by phone.