At Solid Ground, we believe that people know best what they need and should be involved in decisions that affect their lives. We invite you to join our new Community Accountability Council (CAC). Your input will help us understand and incorporate the real-life experiences of people who come to us for services to help shape Solid Ground policies and programs.
Who Should Apply?
We’re looking for members of our Solid Ground community who are committed to leading change, and who understand that what’s happening in their lives is also happening to other people. If you have ever wondered why the struggle is so real or questioned why the help you get sometimes makes life harder, this Council is for you. Your voice will help promote community-driven solutions to issues affecting people experiencing poverty in the Seattle/King County area. CAC members will participate in leadership development, advocacy and social justice training to engage decision-makers. Together, we will explore the root causes of poverty and ways to address them.
CAC members are asked to:
- Attend monthly 2-hour meetings (currently 4th Thursdays of each month).
- Actively voice your opinions and share your experiences with the group.
- Commit to support Solid Ground’s work to end poverty and undo oppressions that keep people trapped in poverty.
- A monthly honorarium of $75
- Dinner at meetings
Available as needed:
- Childcare during meetings
- Transportation to and from meetings
Ways to Apply
To help us get to know you better, please complete and submit our CAC Application. There’s no need to write an essay for the open-ended questions; instead, share your thoughts in a few sentences.
- Apply Online: Our online application is embedded below.
- Word document application: Download/complete the Word doc application and return it to Carolyn Taggart at email@example.com.
- CAC PDF application: Print/complete the PDF application and mail it to: Solid Ground CAC, 1501 N 45th St, Seattle, WA 98103, Attn: Carolyn Taggart
- Apply by phone: If you prefer to explain your thoughts verbally, email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to answer the same questions by phone.
CAC INFO SESSIONS
Join us for an upcoming info session opportunity:
1)Thursday, February 28, 6 – 7pm DONE!
2) Thursday, March 14, 6 – 7pm DONE!
3) Tuesday, March 19, 6 – 7pm
4) Thursday, April 4, 6 – 7pm
All sessions will be held at Solid Ground’s Wallingford offices, 1st Floor Cheryl Cobbs Murphy Room (1501 North 45th Street, Seattle, WA, 98103).
Please contact Carolyn Taggart at CAC@solid-ground.org or 206.694.6819.