For COVID-19 resources in Seattle, King Co., and WA state, visit:
Information for Tenants
If you are a tenant or are looking for rental housing, we can provide tenant counseling, information, resources and tools to help you understand your rights and responsibilities, avoid eviction, and maintain your rental housing. (Tenants seeking rental assistance should contact 2.1.1 for screening eligibility for all King County programs.)Learn More
Move-in cost assistance for people exiting homelessness:
The North Seattle Regional Access Point (RAP) Diversion Program provides move-in assistance for eligible people experiencing homelessness who have 1) found a place to live and 2) are approved for move-in. (Homelessness includes living in a car, outdoors, or in a place not meant for human habitation, and approved housing can include moving in with a relative or friend and/or relocating to another area.)
TO APPLY: Please leave a voicemail at 206.934.6160, and someone will contact you. Note: Move-in support lasts as long as we have the staff and funds to provide it.
Tenant Topic Webpages
DURING YOUR TENANCY
Information for Homeowners
Some resources for Washington state homeowners & people interested in homeownership:
- Homestead Community Land Trust preserves and advances access to permanently affordable homeownership as a means to create thriving, equitable and inclusive communities. They serve first-time homebuyers in Seattle-King County who earn less than 80% of the area median income. (To find out if you qualify, see Homestead’s steps and eligibility requirements to become a homeowner.)
- Parkview Services Mortgage Default Program: HUD Approved Housing Counselors provide no-cost, unbiased housing counseling to struggling Washington state homeowners.
- Washington Foreclosure Prevention Resource Guide
- Making Home Affordable
- Fannie Mae Loan Lookup
- Freddie Mac Address Lookup
- Loan Modification Scam Online Complaint Form
- Washington State Office of the Attorney General (AG Office): Use to file fraud complaints for in- and out-of-state companies.
- Washington Homeownership Resource Center: 206.542.1243