Topics on this page:
- Financial Skills Coaching
- Legal Help with Public Benefits
- Health Insurance Access through the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Resource Wire & Events
Financial Skills Coaching
Our Financial Fitness Boot Camp empowers people to take control of their finances through money management skills! Our staff “Coach” can work with you one-to-one to:
- set financial goals
- create a budget
- learn about, prevent and help address debt/credit issues, predatory loans and scams
- plan for a healthy financial future
Use this budget form to map out your monthly income and expenses.
More Financial Services
Get a free checking account and stop paying fees to cash checks. Even if you’ve had problems with an account in the past, have never had an account before, or don’t have a Social Security number, you can open a bank or credit union account in Seattle and King County. Deposit your money for free and pay bills at no additional cost!
Legal Help with Public Benefits
Are you having problems getting or keeping your cash, food, medical and/or child care benefits? Our attorneys provide legal help and information to single adults and families whose Washington state benefits have been reduced, terminated or denied.
Intake Line: Contact us at 206.694.6742 or email@example.com to learn more.
See if your family qualifies for food, cash assistance, child care, medical benefits or long-term care.
Legal Resources for Other State Benefits
- Northwest Justice Project: Provides legal help and information for people in Washington state who have civil legal needs in many different areas of the law.
- Seattle Community Law Center: Provides legal help and information for people in Washington state whose Social Security Benefits (SSI/SSDI) have been reduced, denied or terminated.
- Unemployment Law Project: Provides legal help and information for people in Washington state whose unemployment benefits have been denied.
More Legal Resources
- King County 2-1-1 (also 206.461.3200, 1.800.621.4636 or 206.461.3610 for TTY/hearing impaired calls): Identifies and makes referrals to appropriate legal aid providers. (Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm)
- Washington LawHelp: A self-help online resource for finding civil legal solutions, including public benefits, consumer law, elder law, housing rights, health care and more.
Health Insurance through the Affordable Health Care Act (ACA)
Washington Healthplanfinder: This website can help you find the right health plan for you and your family. Open enrollment for new and renewal health insurance plans in Washington state runs from November 1 – December 23, 2015 for coverage starting January 1, 2016, or through January 31, 2016 for coverage starting March 1, 2016. But if you qualify for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid), enrollment stays open all year long.
Explains Washington Healthplanfinder’s step-by-step guide through the enrollment process with a navigator.
Do you already have health insurance? Washington Healthplanfinder’s Renewal Process offers information and a timeline for renewing in 2016.