Topics on this page:
Our Financial Fitness Boot Camp empowers people to take control of their finances through money management skills! Our staff “Coach” can work with you one-to-one to:
- set financial goals
- create a budget
- learn about, prevent and help address debt/credit issues, predatory loans and scams
- plan for a healthy financial future
Use this budget form to map out your monthly income and expenses.
More Financial Services
Get a free checking account and stop paying fees to cash checks. Even if you’ve had problems with an account in the past, have never had an account before, or don’t have a Social Security number, you can open a bank or credit union account in Seattle and King County. Deposit your money for free and pay bills at no additional cost!
Legal Help with Public Benefits
Are you having problems getting or keeping your cash, food, medical and/or child care benefits? Our attorneys provide legal help and information to single adults and families whose Washington state benefits have been reduced, terminated or denied.
Intake Line: Contact us at 206.694.6742 or email@example.com to learn more.
See if your family qualifies for food, cash assistance, child care, medical benefits or long-term care.
Legal Resources for Other State Benefits
- Northwest Justice Project: Provides legal help and information for people in Washington state who have civil legal needs in many different areas of the law.
- Seattle Community Law Center: Provides legal help and information for people in Washington state whose Social Security Benefits (SSI/SSDI) have been reduced, denied or terminated.
- Unemployment Law Project: Provides legal help and information for people in Washington state whose unemployment benefits have been denied.
More Legal Resources
- Alliance for Equal Justice: A network of Washington state organizations that collaborate to coordinate strategy and delivery of civil legal aid to people and communities experiencing poverty and injustice – with a commitment to identify and dismantle all barriers to justice that perpetuate poverty and racial inequities.
- King County 2-1-1 (also 206.461.3200, 1.800.621.4636 or 206.461.3610 for TTY/hearing impaired calls): Identifies and makes referrals to appropriate legal aid providers. (Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm)
- Washington LawHelp: A self-help online resource for finding civil legal solutions, including public benefits, consumer law, elder law, housing rights, health care and more.
Affordable Health Insurance
Washington Healthplanfinder: This website can help you find the right health plan for you and your family.
Some things to know:
- Open enrollment for Washington state health insurance plans OPENED on November 1, 2018 and will CLOSE on December 15, 2018.
- If you qualify for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid), enrollment stays open all year long, and you can apply at any time.
Explains Washington Healthplanfinder’s step-by-step guide through the enrollment process with a navigator.