GOODWILL HIRING EVENT
WHEN: Friday, May 11, 2018, 10am-5pm
WHERE: All Seattle Goodwill store locations
WHAT: Seattle Goodwill stores will be interviewing candidates for multiple positions for one day only.
- Training and advancement opportunities at all levels of the organization
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription plans available
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 20% employee discount
APPLY: Apply ahead of time on the Seattle Goodwill website.
FREE SUNDAY DINNER
WHEN: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 12 – 2pm
WHERE: Blessed Sacrament Church’s Parish Hall (5050 8th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115)
WHAT: Blessed Sacrament Church is hosting their weekly Sunday dinner. Meals are served with green salad, fruit salad, dessert, bread, coffee, milk and juice.
This Sunday’s menu:
⇒ Ham ⇒ Chowder ⇒ Mashed Spuds ⇒ Gravy ⇒ Corn ⇒ Pineapple ⇒ Pasta Salad
St. Vincent de Paul conference representatives will also be present during dinner for assistance referrals. Blessed Sacrament Church is accessible through Metro bus routes 26, 70 & 67.
SOLID GROUND SHOP SMART EVENT DAY
WHEN: Saturday, June 2, 2018, 12 – 4pm
WHERE: Rainier Beach Safeway (9262 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118)
WHAT: Join Solid Ground’s Community Nutrition Educators for a grocery store event day at Safeway in Rainier Beach. Learn how to save money at the grocery store and buy healthier foods for your family. This tour is available to anyone with an EBT card.
During the event, you’ll practice skills like:
- buying fruits & vegetables
- comparing unit prices to find bargains
- reading & comparing food labels
- identifying whole grains
- sticking to your budget while grocery shopping!
At the tour you will receive:
- $10 gift card to purchase healthy groceries of your choice (using the skills learned on the tour)
- a FREE book full of tasty recipes & simple tips on buying healthy, low-cost foods (available in English & Spanish)
- a FREE reusable grocery bag
QUESTIONS? Please contact Sydney Boothe at email@example.com or call 206.694.6731
WORKFORCE TUITION ASSISTANCE
WHEN: Every Wednesday, 2pm
WHERE: Shoreline Community College Building 5000, Room 5101 (16101 Greenwood Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133)
WHAT: Do you need to gain some skills to get the career of your dreams? Workforce Education at Shoreline Community College can pay for your entire tuition.
You may be eligible if you are:
- Low-income (receiving food stamps or CASH through DSHS)
- Unemployed (Household income does not matter)
- A US citizen, permanent resident or refugee who has lived in Washington state for at lease one year
- Enrolled in ANY of the following:
⇒ESL (English as a Second Language)
⇒High School 21+ or GED Preparation (Adult Basic Education)
RSVP: Call 206.546.5882 or RSVP for a Funding Session.
LEGAL HELP FOR DSHS BENEFITS ISSUES
WHEN: Every Thursday from 12:15-2:15pm
WHERE: White Center Community Services Office (9650 15th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106)
WHAT: Having issues with your DSHS cash, food, medical or child care benefits? Legal advocates from Solid Ground’s Benefits Legal Assistance program and the Northwest Justice Project are at the White Center CSO every Thursday to answer questions and offer legal assistance.
QUESTIONS? Contact Benefits Legal Assistance hotline: 206.694.6742; Northwest Justice Project: 206.464.1519