- Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Time: 3-4:45pm
- Location: Zoom: Register to receive invitation
- Price: FREE!
RENT SMART WEBINAR in ENGLISH:
Breaking a Lease
Do you need to break your lease to escape a dangerous situation? In this workshop, discuss three situations in which you may be able to break a lease without liability including:
- You have experienced stalking, unlawful harassment, domestic violence or sexual assault
- You have been assaulted by another tenant, and the other tenant was arrested
- Your landlord has not responded to a serious repair issue in a reasonable amount of time
- Also learn what to expect when breaking a lease in other circumstances
Presented by Solid Ground Tenant Counselors; a visiting attorney from the Tenant Law Center will also be on hand to help answer questions.
Need More Help?
- King County residents being threatened with eviction can contact the Housing Justice Project for legal assistance at 253.234.4204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Washington state residents can visit Solid Ground’s For Tenants website for self-help information, or call Solid Ground’s message-only Tenant Services Message Hotline, currently open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, 10:30am – 1:30pm (hours and days are subject to change): 206.694.6767 | TTY: 7.1.1.
Rent Smart is offered in partnership with Solid Ground’s Tenant Services and the King County Library System (KCLS).