- Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2024
- Time: 3-4:45pm
- Location: Virtual webinar
- Price: FREE! Register to save your spot
RENT SMART WEBINAR IN ENGLISH
Info for Domestic Violence Survivors
Join us to discuss tenants’ rights and procedures under the Washington State Residential Landlord-Tenant Act. Learn how to…
- break a lease without liability after an incident of abuse
- report an incident to a qualified third party
- try to get an eviction off your tenant screening report
- get a security deposit back
- understand legal protections for your rights during COVID
See More Upcoming Tenant Webinars
- Rent Smart Webinars in English
- ¡Inquilinos Inteligentes! Talleres Virtuales en Español
- Tenant Webinar Videos
About Rent Smart
Solid Ground Tenant Counselors present Rent Smart webinars in partnership with the King County Library System (KCLS). Tenant Law Center attorneys are available to help answer questions.
Please register separately for each webinar! You’ll receive an email with a Zoom link 24 hours before each event. You can connect to Rent Smart webinars by computer or phone. To request reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven days before an event. Automated closed captioning is always available for online events.
Need more help?
- For Tenants online resources: Solid Ground’s website with self-help information on topics like housing search, eviction, rental agreements, and much more to help Washington state renters understand their rights and processes under landlord-tenant law.
- Housing Justice Project (HJP): 206.267.7069 or email email@example.com – Legal assistance for King County residents being threatened with eviction.
- Tenant Law Center: 206.324.6890 – Free legal assistance for qualifying low-income Seattle and King County residents facing eviction or subsidy termination.
- Tenant Services Voice Message Line: 206.694.6767 – Solid Ground’s VOICE MESSAGE line for Washington state tenants. Leave a message Mondays or Thursdays, 10:30am to 1:30pm (except holidays), and a Tenant Counselor will get back to you. (Hours and days are subject to change.)