- Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
- Time: 12:30-2:30pm
- Location: Wallingford QFC (1801 N 45th St, Seattle, WA 98103) (view map »)
- Price: FREE
Want to learn to shop smarter on a budget and make healthier affordable choices on the go? Join Solid Ground’s Community Food Education team for a free, one-time class on choosing healthy food on a budget at the Wallingford QFC!
During the in-store food budgeting exploration, you’ll practice skills like:
- buying fruits and vegetables
- comparing unit prices to find bargains
- reading and comparing food labels
- identifying whole grains
- sticking to your budget while grocery shopping!
At the tour you will receive:
- a snack and a reusable grocery bag
- a FREE book full of tasty recipes and simple tips on buying healthy, low-cost foods (available in English and Spanish)
- a FREE $10 gift card to QFC!
*We will be meeting at the front entrance to the store at 12:30pm*
Questions about the class?
Please contact Cooking Matters Tour Leader Pam Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 206.694.6731.