Join our team of Automotive Technicians and help make transportation accessible for all!
The Solid Ground Transportation (SGT) department includes a paratransit service under contract to King County Metro’s Access Services division and the Maintenance division. The Automotive Technician is responsible for servicing the SGT fleet and other agency vehicles according to an established preventative maintenance inspection program, and for diagnosing and repairing all defects to keep the vehicles in optimum running condition. The A Level Automotive Technician must maintain a thorough knowledge of all agency-operated vehicles and their components and subsystems and may be required to perform the duties of the Lead Technician in case of absence.
Essential Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks
- Inspect and replace front and rear brake components as necessary, including providing adjustments and bleeding.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects on gasoline and diesel powered cars, trucks and buses. Dismantle and overhaul all types of gasoline and diesel engines and their components.
- Perform diagnosis of electrical systems and subsystems, including starters, generators, wiring and engine control components.
- Operate diagnostic test equipment, brake lathe, tire repair and tire balance equipment. Perform preventative maintenance inspections, and lubricate and replace fluids and filters as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair transmission and differentials axels and driveline components, including removing and replacement of complete units or components. Diagnose and repair steering and suspension components, as listed from inspections or driver complaints.
- Complete work orders, preventative maintenance inspection sheets, and other forms as required. Inform Maintenance Manager of problems or suggestions in writing. Maintain clean work area and assist in cleaning all shop areas.
- Perform field maintenance and respond to vehicles broken down on route.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Full Job Description