April is Volunteer Appreciation Month. All of us at Solid Ground couldn’t be more grateful for the support and collaboration of the volunteers who continue to make our work possible, despite ongoing pandemic challenges.
Last year, 670 volunteers donated nearly 19,000 hours valued at over $640,000 dollars, working with us in countless ways to help to meet basic needs, nurture success, spread change, and cultivate health throughout our community!
During the past few years, volunteers have…
- tutored and mentored children at Sand Point Housing
- tended our Giving Garden at Marra Farm
- taught nutrition education through our Cooking Matters classes
- provided Medicare information and counseling to hundreds of people through our Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA) program
- served as leaders and advisors through our Board of Directors and Community Accountability Council (CAC)
- provided administrative support to many of our programs, including Broadview Shelter and Transitional Housing
- helped at our recent Building Community Event
- written articles for Experience in Action (EIA), the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) newsletter
- led/supported donation drives
- crafted/donated over 1,000 knit items distributed to people in need throughout King County
- supported our partners to meet critical community needs by volunteering through RSVP at many locations and in many capacities
Looking forward, we’re seeking:
- Social Media Assistants
- Master Gardener Volunteers to spruce up the Wallingford office
- Marra Farm Giving Garden Volunteers
- Sand Point Housing Tutors
- Solid Ground Board Members, particularly those with lived experience with poverty
A big thank you to our amazing volunteers and all those who support them! Please keep an eye on the volunteer opportunities listed on our Volunteer webpage and help us spread the word!
QUESTIONS? Contact Jennifer Gahagan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Comment