The Solid Ground Communications team is looking for volunteer photographers to support our storytelling work.
About Solid Ground
We believe poverty is solvable. Our communities are stronger when we support stability and break down the barriers to overcoming poverty. That means ending racism and other oppressions embedded in our institutions, policies, and culture that hold people back from succeeding.
Solid Ground combines direct services with advocacy to meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change. Through our programs, people gain stability and build skills that equip them to move forward in their lives. And by bringing the voices of people experiencing poverty into the political process, we further social justice, supporting our entire community to reach its potential.
About Solid Ground Communications
The Solid Ground Communications team works to support Solid Ground’s mission by connecting staff and participants with information and resources to meet basic needs and nurture multigenerational success. We also strive to connect with our broader community through storytelling, action items, and opportunities for engagement, while also advocating for policy changes that address systemic barriers and communicating needs observed on the ground.
The Solid Ground Communications team is looking for volunteer photographers to support our storytelling work. The volunteer photographer will be called upon from time to time to support messaging projects and fundraising campaigns by photographing current and former Solid Ground program participants, staff, volunteers, and community members in a variety of settings.
- Photo shoots may occur at various locations around the greater Seattle area and, in most cases, can be scheduled to fit within the volunteer’s schedule.
- Volunteers will be encouraged to make recommendations to improve photo shoots with respect to lighting, setting, etc.
- Volunteers will be responsible for editing images and submitting a selection to the Communications teams by a deadline jointly determined by the volunteer and Communications staff. Images may need to be cropped to meet publishing specifications.
Minimum commitment of 6 months. Days and times are flexible. Photo shoots can be scheduled to fit within the volunteer’s schedule.
- Experience photographing diverse subjects in a variety of settings and lighting conditions – please submit samples of your work with your application
- Experience editing digital images
- Eagerness and ability to work with people of all ages from a variety of racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds – including those who have experienced significant trauma
- Ability to be nonjudgmental, positive, respectful, creative, consistent, and flexible
Solid Ground believes poverty is solvable. Volunteers play a critical role in helping us meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change – so everyone in our community can achieve their full potential.