Seeking skilled volunteers to help redo landscaping around Solid Ground’s Wallingford building.
Master Gardener Volunteer Position
We are looking for skilled volunteers to help redo the landscaping around the outside of our office building in Wallingford. Our hope is to create a welcoming and inviting place for the people who visit the building, including those who access the food bank and the library. Master Gardener volunteers will “adopt a section” of our grounds, and tasks include advising about plants that do well without irrigation, designing and installing plantings, and helping maintain gardens.
Flexible hours, Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm
- Skills to create and provide advice on no-water garden plant selection and garden maintenance
- Willingness and ability to work with people from a variety of racial, cultural and economic backgrounds, with various lifestyles, sexual orientations, and of all ages
Steps to Volunteer
1) Complete an online Volunteer Application
2) Complete a Washington State Patrol Background Check Form
3) Attend a New Volunteer Orientation: Join us to learn more about our mission as an organization, our current volunteer opportunities, and about how staff and volunteers work together on our Anti-Racism Initiative. Attending a volunteer orientation is a requirement for anyone who wants to volunteer at Solid Ground. Visit our Events webpage to view and register for upcoming volunteer orientations (if none are currently listed, check back again soon).
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Please use this self-screening tool before every in-person training or volunteer session to keep yourself and others safe:
Solid Ground believes poverty is solvable. Volunteers play a critical role in helping us meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change – so everyone in our community can achieve their full potential. BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color) and people with lived experience with poverty are encouraged to volunteer.