SOFT SKILLS WORKSHOP FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SURVIVORS:
A Day of Support for Women
WHEN: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 9:30am (optional breakfast), 10am – 3pm workshop
WHERE: The 2100 Building (2100 24th Ave S, Seattle 98144)
WHAT: Join Solid Ground case managers for a day-long Soft Skills Workshop/Day of Support for women who are domestic violence survivors. We’ll provide: ⇒ Breakfast, lunch & snacks ⇒ A fun & informative classroom atmosphere! ⇒ Children’s activities ⇒ Prizes ⇒ Vendors ⇒ Gas cards ⇒ A convenient location ⇒ Access bus (as needed). Registration is required; see contact info below!
- 9:30 – 10am: Breakfast
- 10 – 11:30am: Tenant Education — Rights and responsibilities for tenants and landlords
- 11:30am – Noon: Lunch & Vendors — Check out our educational and self-care vendors!
- Noon – 1:30pm: Budgeting for the Crisis — Learn how to budget, prioritize and make better choices about financial management!
- 1:30 – 3pm: Survivorship to Victorious/Self Care & Boundaries — Presented by LaTanya V. Horace, Advocate, Facilitator, Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Healing Practitioner and Founder of the Silent Task Force (since 2009)
QUESTIONS/RSVP: Registration is required! Contact Celestine at 206.694.6808 or email@example.com to register, or if you have any questions about the event.
CITY OF SEATTLE TEMPORARY LABORER CAREER EVENT
WHEN: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11am – 2pm
WHERE: South Seattle College – Georgetown Campus, Building C, Room 110
(6737 Corson Avenue S, Seattle, WA 98108)
WHAT: Build your career and community with the City of Seattle! Speak with City of Seattle recruiters and learn about training opportunities and funding! Bring your resume and any questions you have. Hear from different City of Seattle Representatives and network to take the next step in your career, including:
- Seattle Department of Human Resources
- Seattle Center
- Seattle Department of Transportation
- Seattle City Light
- Seattle Parks and Recreation
- Seattle Public Utilities
Open to all; no RSVP required. Come on by!