SOFT SKILLS WORKSHOP FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SURVIVORS…
A Day of Support for Women
WHEN: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 9:30am (optional breakfast), 10am – 3pm workshop
WHERE: The 2100 Building (2100 24th Ave S, Seattle 98144)
WHAT: Join Solid Ground case managers for a day-long Soft Skills Workshop/Day of Support for women who are domestic violence survivors. We’ll provide: ⇒ Breakfast, lunch & snacks ⇒ A fun & informative classroom atmosphere! ⇒ Children’s activities ⇒ Prizes ⇒ Vendors ⇒ Gas cards ⇒ A convenient location ⇒ Access bus (as needed). Registration is required; see contact info below!
- 9:30 – 10am: Breakfast
- 10 – 11:30am: Tenant Education — Rights and responsibilities for tenants and landlords
- 11:30am – Noon: Lunch & Vendors — Check out our educational and self-care vendors!
- Noon – 1:30pm: Budgeting for the Crisis — Learn how to budget, prioritize and make better choices about financial management!
- 1:30 – 3pm: Survivorship to Victorious/Self Care & Boundaries — Presented by LaTanya V. Horace, Advocate, Facilitator, Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Healing Practitioner and Founder of the Silent Task Force (since 2009)
QUESTIONS/RSVP: Registration is required! Contact Celestine at 206.694.6808 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register, or if you have any questions about the event.
COOKING MATTERS AT THE STORE TOURS
WHAT: Want to learn how to save money at the grocery store and buy healthier foods for your family? Join Solid Ground’s Cooking Matters for a free guided grocery store tour, available to anyone with an EBT card. During a Cooking Matters at the Store Tour, you’ll practice skills like:
- buying fruits and vegetables
- comparing unit prices to find bargains
- reading and comparing food labels
- identifying whole grains
- sticking to your budget while grocery shopping!
At the tour you will receive:
- $10 gift card to purchase healthy groceries of your choice (using the skills learned on the tour)
- a FREE book full of tasty recipes and simple tips on buying healthy, low-cost foods (available in English and Spanish)
- 2/6, 3-5pm: Cooking Matters at the Store Tour (Safeway Lower Queen Anne)
- 2/13, 10am-12pm: Cooking Matters at the Store Tour/Tour de Supermercado (Fred Meyer Burien)
- 3/14, 1-3pm: Cooking Matters at the Store Tour (Downtown Kress IGA)
QUESTIONS? Contact Cooking Matters Tour Leader Shana McCann at email@example.com or at 206.694.6731.