Solid Ground is looking for volunteers who are passionate about event planning and support!
About Solid Ground
We believe poverty is solvable. Our communities are stronger when we support stability and break down the barriers to overcoming poverty. That means ending racism and other oppressions embedded in our institutions, policies, and culture that hold people back from succeeding. Solid Ground combines direct services with advocacy to meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change. Through our programs, people gain stability and build skills that equip them to move forward in their lives. By bringing the voices of people experiencing poverty into the political process, we further social justice, supporting our entire community to reach its potential.
About the Special Events Volunteer
If you are interested in event planning or supporting Solid Ground’s 2023 events series, this is the position for you! You will support the Resource Development team with event day responsibilities including, but not limited to, setup and takedown, greeting and interacting with guests, registration, and other responsibilities. If you have experience or are interested in learning about event planning and organization, or just want to be more involved with Solid Ground’s events, this is a great position to do so!
Volunteers are strongly encouraged to commit to at least two events in the calendar year. We are hosting a variety of fundraising and community events throughout 2023.
- May 11: Building Community Event
- June 6: Social Justice Salon, Supporting BIPOC Nonprofit Leaders
- August 11: Food Truck Event
Most events take place in the early afternoon or evening. More details on start/end times and volunteer shifts will be released closer to the event dates.
- Age limit: Must be 18 years or older, or 21 and older for certain roles
- Willingness and ability to work with people from a variety of racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds, with various lifestyles, sexual orientations, and of all ages
- Willing to commit to volunteer at a minimum of two events in 2023
- Volunteers who have, or are willing to obtain, a bartending license are especially encouraged to volunteer for the Food Truck event in August
Solid Ground believes poverty is solvable. Volunteers play a critical role in helping us meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change – so everyone in our community can achieve their full potential. BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color), and people with the lived experience of food insecurity are strongly encouraged to apply.