Overnight oats is a simple and nutritious breakfast recipe that can be made using shelf staples, such as oats, and other ingredients that you may already have on hand, like milk or peanut butter. Not only is this a cost-saving recipe, but it is also time-saving, allowing you to make breakfast the night before and have it ready to eat first thing in the morning.
Prep time 5 mins | Total Time | Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups of oats
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup frozen berries (optional)
- 2 tablespoon nut butter (optional)
- 2 teaspoon honey (optional)
This will last up to a week in the fridge.
- Combine oats, frozen berries, nut butter, and honey in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk to the mixture
- Mix well, incorporating all the ingredients together
- Place mixture into a jar
- Pour the rest of the milk into the jar
- Refrigerate overnight. Oats will absorb the milk and be ready to eat the next morning.
Watch Elizabeth’s cooking demo & try it yourself!
Solid Ground’s Community Food Education (CFE) program hosts cooking and nutrition classes to support healthy and holistic living on a budget. The CFE team created this series of cooking videos to offer resources, tips, and tricks that you can practice at home. Visit our Food & Nutrition and Coronavirus Food Resources webpages for more food and nutrition info and resources.