FINANCIAL FITNESS BOOT CAMP WORKSHOP SERIES
WHEN: 4 Wednesdays (8/29, 9/12, 9/26 & 10/10/18), 2:30 – 4:30pm each session
WHERE: Solid Ground (1501 N 45th St, Seattle WA, 98103, Cheryl Cobbs Murphy Room, 1st floor)
WHAT: Are you ready to take control of your finances? Join us for our four-part Financial Fitness Boot Camp (FFBC) workshop series, designed to help you take control of your finances!
Workshop topics & dates:
- Budgeting: Wednesday, 8/29/18, 2:30 – 4:30pm
- Credit & Credit Repair: Wednesday, 9/12/18, 2:30 – 4:30pm
- Banking: Wednesday, 9/26/18, 2:30 – 4:30pm
- Goal Setting: Wednesday, 10/10/18, 2:30 – 4:30pm
QUESTIONS? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.694.6765.
FEDEX IS HIRING
WHEN: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 11am – 1pm
WHERE: Airport Jobs Office, SeaTac International Airport (17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158, Mezzanine Level, Room 6626)
WHAT: A FedEx recruiter will be at the Airport Jobs office answering questions regarding open positions and assisting with online applications. This is a walk-in event; no registration needed, all are welcome!
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. resident for minimum 5 years
- Valid Driver’s License (for select positions)
RENT SMART TENANT WORKSHOPS
WHEN/WHERE: 8 workshops at various dates, times & locations
WHAT: Are you a renter? Are you searching for housing? Join Solid Ground Tenant Counselors for one of these FREE workshops on your rights as a tenant!
- Learn how to find affordable housing & navigate landlord screening criteria
- Know & assert your rights as tenants
- Protect yourself from eviction & housing loss
- Learn how to get deposits back & repairs made
- Thursday, August 30, 2018, 5 – 7pm – Solid Ground (1501 N 45th St, Seattle WA, 98103, Cheryl Cobbs Murphy Room, 1st floor)
- Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 1 – 3pm – Sno-Valley Senior Center (4610 Stephens Ave, Carnation, WA 98014)
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 12 – 2pm – Solid Ground (1501 N 45th St, Seattle WA, 98103, Cheryl Cobbs Murphy Room, 1st floor)
- Thursday, September 13, 2018, 1 – 3pm – Mt. Si Senior Center (411 Main Ave S, North Bend, WA 98045, Multi-purpose Room)
- Friday, September 14, 2018, 1 – 3pm – Lake City Seniors (4319, 12531 28th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125)
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 12 – 2pm – Solid Ground (1501 N 45th St, Seattle WA, 98103, Cheryl Cobbs Murphy Room, 1st floor.
- Thursday, September 20, 2018, 5 – 7pm – Solid Ground (1501 N 45th St, Seattle WA, 98103, Cheryl Cobbs Murphy Room, 1st floor)
QUESTIONS? Please contact Solid Ground Tenant Services at email@example.com or 206.694.6748.
WORKFORCE TUITION ASSISTANCE INFO SESSIONS
WHEN: Every Wednesday, 2 – 4pm
WHERE: Shoreline Community College Building 5000, Room 5101 (16101 Greenwood Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133)
WHAT: These information sessions are for those who are gaining skills in their current job or would like to transition into a high-demand field of work. Workforce Education may assist qualifying individuals to pay for tuition, fees, parking, or Orca bus passes.
You may be eligible if you:
1) Meet one of these two criteria (Note: You can have a degree and still qualify):
- Low-income (receiving FOOD STAMPS or CASH through DSHS, or able to provide evidence of income) OR
- Unemployed (household income does not matter), for example:
- In a stop-gap job (i.e., you were laid off and had to take a lower-paying job in your field to pay for rent)
- Lost a small business
- Displaced homemaker (i.e., you provided unpaid services to the household and the main income earner lost income due to death, divorce, separation, loss of job, went to prison) (Note: You do not need to be married)
- Using or exhausted unemployment benefits in the past 48 months
2) Are a US citizen, permanent resident or refugee who has lived in Washington state for at least one year, and
3) Are enrolled in ANY of the following:
- Professional/Technical Programs (certificate/non-transfer degrees)
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- High School 21+ or GED preparation (Adult Basic Education)
RSVP: Visit www.startnextquarter.org or call 206.546.5882 to register or find out if you prequalify for funding.