WASHINGTON HEALTH BENEFIT EXCHANGE…
Open Enrollment for 2018 Health Plans Start NOW!
WHEN: Thursday November 1, 2018 – December 15, 2018
WHAT: Open Enrollment for 2018 health coverage in Washington state begins today and runs through December 15, 2018. For coverage beginning January 1, 2019, you must choose a plan by December 15, 2018.
Washington Apple Health (Medicaid): Depending on your income level, you may be eligible for Washington Apple Health FREE health insurance. If you qualify for Washington Apple Health (also called Medicaid), enrollment is ongoing – you can sign up any time. You can create an account to apply to find out if you’re eligible.
Washington Healthplanfinder: If you earn too much for Washington Apple Health, you can buy one of the insurance plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder. You may qualify for assistance with paying your premium.
FOR MORE INFO & HELP:
If you need help understanding your health insurance options in Washington state, you’re in luck. While navigation support was cut at the federal level, our state has INCREASED the number of In-Person Assistants and Outreach Sites to help people navigate the system. Below are some resources to get you started.
- APPLY for WA APPLE HEALTH if you want to find out if you qualify for FREE health insurance.
- SHOP for HEALTH PLANS at Washington Healthplanfinder.
- FIND an IN-PERSON ASSISTANT “NAVIGATOR” (FREE!) anywhere in Washington state.
- CHECK OUT King County’s Enrollment Assistance Tips (www.kingcounty.gov/coverage).
- VISIT a Health Insurance Enrollment location.
- Healthplanfinder’s Call Center: 1.855.923.4633
- King County’s Help Line: 1.800.756.5437
TESLA STUDENT AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN PROGRAM OPEN HOUSE
WHEN: Thursday, November 1, 7pm
WHERE: Shoreline Community College 2900 Building – Lower Shop Area (16101 Greenwood Ave N Shoreline, WA 98133)
WHAT: Tesla START is an intensive 12-week training program designed to provide students across North America with the skills necessary for a successful career with Tesla. During the program, students will develop technical expertise and earn certifications through a blended approach of in-class theory, hands-on labs and self-paced learning.
TSA FAST TRACK TO HIRE EVENT
WHEN: Saturday, November 3, 9am – 2pm
WHERE: TSA Administrative Offices (18000 International Boulevard Seattle, WA 98188)
WHAT: TSA Seattle is now hiring both full-time and part-time Transportation Security Officers (TSO), hourly wages starting at $18.64. This event will provide you an opportunity to accelerate the TSO hiring process. Please arrive to the event early to allow more time to complete the full process.
- 18 years or older
- US Citizen or National
- High School diploma, GED or Security experience equivalent
This event will feature multiple hiring process steps in one day. Provided you pass each hiring process component, your day could consist of the following:
- Attend an Information Forum to learn more about the TSO position and employment with TSA
- Apply for the TSO position if you did not apply online prior to the event
- Take a computer-based test to evaluate English language proficiency and x-ray interpretation aptitude
- Participate in a structured interview to assess qualifications for the position
Tips for the event:
- Public transit is recommended on Sound Transit
- Paid parking behind the building: hourly, may be up to $8
- Bring two valid forms of State or Federal-issued identification
- Consider bringing a beverage, lunch or a snack
FREE CITIZENSHIP CLASSES
WHEN: Every Tuesday, October 2 – December 11, 5:30 – 7:30pm
WHERE: El Centro de la Raza Room 307 (2524 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144)
WHAT: This class will help you prepare for the citizenship interview and the civics test. You must have your Permanent Resident (PR) card and green card, and be planning to apply for citizenship. The Legal Clinic will be available on the second Wednesday of the month for those who have questions.
TO REGISTER: Contact Veronic Gallardo at 206.957.4605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEDEX IS HIRING
WHEN: Every Thursday in October, 11am – 1pm
WHERE: Airport Jobs Office, SeaTac International Airport (17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158, Mezzanine Level, Room 6626)
WHAT: A FedEx recruiter will be at the Airport Jobs Office answering questions regarding open positions and assisting with online applications. This is a walk-in event; no registration needed, all are welcome!
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. resident for minimum 5 years
- Valid Driver’s License (for select positions)
ONE-TIME HOUSING FUNDS FOR VETERANS
WHAT: Solid Ground’s King County Housing Stability Project (HSP) can provide one-time financial assistance to eligible King County households who have received an eviction notice, or those who have secured permanent housing and need assistance with deposit or first month’s rent. There are funds set aside specifically for veterans with any discharge status; proof of service in the form of a DD-214 or service letter is required.
HSP eligibility requirements* include:
- Maximum income of 50% AMI ($3,121 a month for a single adult, $3,567 for a household of two)
- Minimum income of 1.5 times your monthly rent
- Have received an eviction notice from your landlord OR for move-in assistance, have a letter confirming approval to permanent housing
- Seeking housing in King County only; we cannot assist with transitional housing or any housing outside of King County.
- Requested amount of assistance must be at least $100 but no more than $2,000. Not all households will receive the maximum; amount of assistance is based on need.
*You must meet all eligibility criteria to be considered for an HSP referral, and there are a limited number of HSP referrals available each week.
PRESCREENING: Call King County 211 or 1.800.621.4636 and ask about rental assistance. They will try to connect you to all appropriate rental assistance programs, which may or may not include HSP.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Theresa Curry-Almuti at email@example.com or 206.694.6841.
This program receives funding from the King County Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy.