~NEW THIS WEEK~
MEDICARE OPEN ENROLLMENT INFO
DATE: Monday, October 25, 2021
WHAT: Medicare Open Enrollment this year runs from October 15 – December 7, 2021. This free class is great for those new to Medicare, those who’ve been on Medicare for a while, and those learning about Medicare to assist loved ones.
We’ll go over:
- 2021 changes to Medicare for Open Enrollment
- What changes you can make during Open Enrollment
- The differences between Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D
- Medicare fraud
- How to save money on Medicare
Solid Ground’s SHIBA (Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors) volunteer counselors will be available for one-on-one sessions at the end.
TO REGISTER: Go to Meeting Registration.
Other upcoming King County SHIBA 2021 Medicare Open Enrollment events
- Wednesday, November 3, 10am-12:30pm: Meeting ID: 843 2147 3523
- Monday, November 8, 10am-12:30pm: Meeting ID: 863 0776 9350
- Tuesday, November 16, 10am-12:30pm: Meeting ID: 813 4377 6374
- Monday, November 29, 10am-12:30pm: Meeting ID: 814 2255 3864
- Wednesday, December 1, 2-4:30pm: Meeting ID: 812 2725 9568
RENT SMART: BREAKING A LEASE
WHEN: Wednesday, October 27, 2–4pm
WHAT: Do you need to break your lease to escape a dangerous situation? In this workshop, discuss three situations in which you may be able to break a lease without liability including:
- You have experienced stalking, unlawful harassment, domestic violence or sexual assault
- You have been assaulted by another tenant, and the other tenant was arrested
- Your landlord has not responded to a serious repair issue in a reasonable amount of time
- Also learn what to expect when breaking a lease in other circumstances
A visiting attorney from the Tenant Law Center will also be on hand to help with answering questions.
REGISTER NOW: Rent Smart: Breaking a Lease
QUESTIONS? Contact Julia Gibson at email@example.com.
HMS HOST HIRING FAIR
WHEN: Friday, October 29, 2021, 10am-1pm
WHERE: Sea-Tac Airport – Airport University Classroom: From ticketing level, locate and go through the hallway to the left of the Starbucks counters near Security Checkpoint #3. Take the elevator to Floor 2, which will open across from the Airport University classroom and the event. General Parking will be validated while you attend this event. Bring your parking ticket with you.
WHAT: HMS Host is recruiting for the following positions:
- Baristas – $16.82/hr
- Cooks – $18.07/hr
- Utility – $17.07/hr
- Shift Managers – $19.33/hr
- General Managers – Salary/Exempt
- $50/mo – Medical, Dental, Vision, Long- and Short-term Disability, and Life Insurance for you AND up to 8 dependents
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Meal Discounts
TO APPLY: Go to Career Opportunities at HMSHost and use Airport Code SEA.
~JOBS AT SOLID GROUND~
WHAT: Join the Solid Ground team and help us fight poverty and dismantle systems of oppression! We are currently seeking candidates for these positions:
- Broadview Housing Program Manager
- Sand Point Residential Case Manager – Santos Place
- DV Children’s Advocate
QUESTIONS? Learn more about Solid Ground and see other open positions on the Solid Ground Careers page.
~UPCOMING/CURRENT COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITIES & RESOURCES~
GET HELP UNDERSTANDING MEDICARE
WHEN: Saturday, Oct 23, 9:30-11:30am
WHAT: This free online workshop is for current and new beneficiaries, those that will soon be eligible, and anyone who wants to learn more about Medicare health coverage. Various plan options, prescription drug coverage, and supplements are discussed. This class is taught by a Solid Ground SHIBA (Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors) volunteer. The SHIBA program provides free, unbiased and confidential assistance with health care choices.
TO REGISTER: Go to Welcome to Medicare on the Seattle Central College website.
TIME TO APPLY FOR 2022-23 FINANCIAL AID
WHAT: Financial aid applications for the 2022-23 school year are now being accepted. This year, a family of four making up to $102,000 can qualify for financial aid in Washington state.
There are two ways to apply for financial aid in Washington. U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens apply for federal and state aid with the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). People who can’t file the FAFSA due to immigration status can apply only for state aid with the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid), as can other select applicants. Students who submit a FAFSA or a WASFA are far more likely to attend college.
It is best to apply for financial aid as soon as possible. Some types of aid are first-come, first-served, and colleges have different deadlines. Applicants need to know the deadlines for the colleges or programs they want to attend.
FOR MORE INFO: Visit the Washington Student Achievement Council’s Plan Your Future page.
2021 RENT SMART/¡INQUILINOS INTELIGENTES!
WHEN: All sessions are on Wednesdays, 2-4pm
WHAT: Virtual Renters’ Rights Workshop Series
Upcoming webinars through December 2021
- 10/27/21: Breaking a Lease
- 11/10/21: Qué hacer con las plagas e infestaciones en casos de alquiler
- 12/8/21: Navigating the Housing Search
NEED MORE HELP? / ¿NECESITA MÁS AYUDA?
- King County residents being threatened with eviction can contact the Housing Justice Project for legal assistance at 253.234.4204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Si actualmente vive en el Condado de King y está siendo amenazado con el desalojo, comuníquese con el Proyecto de Justicia de Vivienda para obtener asistencia legal 253.234.4204 o email@example.com.
- Washington State residents can visit Solid Ground’s For Tenants website for self-help information, or call Solid Ground’s message-only Tenant Services Message Hotline, currently open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, 10:30am – 1:30pm (hours and days are subject to change): 206.694.6767 | TTY: 7.1.1.
- Los Residentes del Estado de Washington pueden visitar el sitio web Para Inquilinos de Solid Ground para obtener información de autoayuda, o llamar a la línea directa de mensajes de Servicios para Inquilinos de Solid Ground cual es abierta los lunes, martes, y jueves de 10:30 a.m. a 1:30 p.m. (las horas y los días están sujetos a cambios): 206.694.6767 | TTY: 7.1.1.
Rent Smart is offered in partnership with Solid Ground’s Tenant Services and the King County Library System (KCLS). / ¡Inquilinos Inteligentes! se ofrece en asociación con los Servicios para Inquilinos de Solid Ground y La Sistema Biblioteca del Condado de King (KCLS).
GET HELP WITH MEDICARE AND MEDICAID
WHAT: Solid Ground is now the Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA) sponsor for King County!
SHIBA is a free, unbiased and confidential counseling service offered by the Washington state Office of the Insurance Commissioner. Our trained volunteers help consumers understand their Medicare rights and options. We offer information on Medigap (Medicare Supplement) and Medicare Advantage plans, Medicaid programs, employment-related health benefits, long-term care options, fraud and abuse, and much more.
The Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA) can help you:
- Find Medicare options that meet your personal needs
- Learn about your Medicare rights and options
- Compare Medicare plans and prices
- Report health care fraud and abuse
TO GET HELP: Call 206.753.4806 or 1.800.562.6900, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the SHIBA section on Solid Ground’s website.
HELP WITH UTILITIES AFTER THE SHUT-OFF MORATORIUM ENDS
WHAT: The state’s moratorium for utility shut-offs ended on September 30, 2021. If you are a Washington resident and are worried about your private utilities being shut off or completing payments, use the online tool Aid Resource for Private Utilities Debt in Washington to find assistance and programs. This tool will help you:
- Learn about financial assistance available through LIHEAP & how to apply
- Find out what programs your private utility offers for payment assistance
FOR MORE INFO: Call the Washington Transportation and Utilities Commission Hotline at 1.888.333.WUTC.
UPDATE TO CHILD TAX CREDIT
WHAT: Recent changes to the Child Tax Credit (CTC) could mean big things for your family!
- Larger payments: The CTC now pays up to $3,600 each year for kids age 5 and under, and up to $3,000 each for kids ages 6 to 17.
- Full credits for households with low incomes or no income: There is no minimum income to qualify for the full credit.
- Monthly cash payments beginning in July: Half of the credit will be paid monthly (up to $250-$300 per kid) from July through December 2021, and the remainder will come when taxes are filed in 2022.
- Kids in 9 in 10 Washington households are eligible: Households with kids age 17 or under and who have lived there six months of the past year qualify. Qualifying kids must have a Social Security Number (SSN).
How do I make sure I get it?
- If you already filed taxes for 2019 or 2020, you will receive payments automatically via mail or direct deposit.
- If you’re not required to file taxes, fill out the IRS non-filer form ASAP.
- If you are required to file taxes but didn’t, file them ASAP. Need help filing taxes? Go to GetYourRefund.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Go to ChildTaxCredit.gov.
~ONGOING JOB OPPORTUNITIES~
DRIVE FOR SOLID GROUND AND EARN A $2,000 HIRING BONUS!
WHAT: Drive for good! Solid Ground Transportation is hiring bus drivers for its paratransit service under a contract with King County Metro’s Access Services Division and Vehicle Maintenance Division. Solid Ground’s paratransit drivers use wheelchair-accessible vans to transport passengers seven days a week.
- $18.94/hr + $2,000 hiring bonus (Bonus is time limited for new drivers hired between August 14 and September 15, 2021)
- No CDL required
- Paid leave
- Medical/Dental insurance
- Disability, Basic Life Insurance & Employee Assistance Program at no cost to you
- 401k retirement plan with employer contribution & match
- Voluntary life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
TO APPLY: Download an application and submit a resume at Solid Ground Careers.
AMAZON WAREHOUSE JOBS
WHAT: Amazon is now hiring students for a variety of hourly positions in Washington State with multiple shift options available. Find your perfect schedule that works around your classes!
We are offering:
- Part-Time (20-25 hours/week)
- Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- Flexible scheduling (one shift/month and up to 25 hours/week)
APPLY NOW! We’ve innovated the job application so it’s faster, easier, and hopefully even a little fun!
MORE INFO/QUESTIONS? Contact Lilly Thompson, Amazon Workforce Staffing, at email@example.com.
JOBS WITH ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES
WHAT: Essential businesses are currently recruiting and hiring for multiple entry level job openings in King County, WA. Also, see the Critical Job Opportunities webpage on the WorkSource Seattle-King County website.
MORE INFO: Contact Dan Bernard, Communities of Opportunity Employment Manager, King County Department of Community & Human Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KWA CAREGIVER OPPORTUNITIES
WHAT: Korean Women’s Association (KWA) is seeking full- and part-time Home Care Aides (Caregivers). Do you want to align yourself with a nonprofit social services agency that is dedicated to making life’s transitions a little easier? Do you like to help elderly and disabled people with their daily activities? Do you want a fulfilling job that makes a difference you can see immediately? Become a KWA Caregiver!
Here’s why caregivers want to work for KWA:
- Competitive starting wage of $16.72-$19.07/hour
- Flexible hours/scheduling available
- No experience required, entry level
- Direct deposit
- Paid benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance with qualifying hours
- 100% paid Home Care Aide Certification training
- Paid continued education training
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid travel time between clients
- Weekend differential pay
- Employee recognition and bonus referral programs
- Free caregiver shoes (after working two consecutive months of 80+ hrs, and 80 hrs in current eligibility month)
- No experience required
- Minimum 18 years old
- Valid WA driver’s license and auto insurance in your own name
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Able to transport clients to appointments and errands using your own vehicle, as needed
- Willing and able to provide compassionate care to people in vulnerable situations
- Able to communicate with people in a friendly and caring manner
APPLY TODAY! Current KWA job listings; KWA is an equal opportunity employer.
PCC IS HIRING
WHAT: PCC Community Markets is Seattle’s original – and the nation’s largest – certified organic, community-owned food market. Meet with our hiring team about full- and part-time positions available at our Bellevue location, opening this summer. Applications will be accepted from candidates ages 16 and over. PCC is a passionate community that believes in the power of good food and the potential of good people; a place where the best of the Northwest comes together, from the produce we stock to the people we hire.
Benefits include: Competitive wages; Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; Paid vacation and sick time; 15% staff discount; Free membership in the co-op; Reduced rate on ORCA cards; Retirement plans; Free PCC Cooks classes
APPLY NOW! Apply on PCC’s Jobs page.
QUESTIONS/MORE INFO: Please do not hesitate to connect! Contact Alyssa Moore, Recruiting Specialist at Alyssa.Moore@pccmarkets.com or 206.717.6527.
~SEA-TAC JOB OPPORTUNITIES~
ENTERPRISE HIRING AT SEA-TAC
WHRE: Sea-Tac Rental Car Facility, 3150 S. 160th St., SeaTac, WA 98188
WHAT: Enterprise Holdings is hiring at sea airport with $1,000 hiring bonus for auto detailers through October 2021.
- Customer service agents: full- and part-time, $16.57/hr
- Automotive detailers: full- and part-time, $18.00/hr
$1,000 hiring bonus details:
- $500 paid after 3 months employment
- Final $500 paid after 6 months employment
- Minimum age is 18.
- Authorized to work in U.S.
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Valid Driver’s License
TO APPLY: Apply online at the Enterprise jobs search page.
EVERGREENS IS HIRING AT SEA-TAC AIRPORT
WHAT: Evergreens at Sea-Tac is hiring full-time team members at $16.69/hr plus up to $7/hr in tips.
- Medical, dental and vision after 60 days of full-time employment
- Reimbursements you for healthy living activities
- Free salad, wrap, or grain bowl with every shift
- 50% off at all Evergreens locations
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Able to pass background check for badging
- Experience in a busy working environment
- Prior food service experience preferred
- Great customer service skills
- Able to run cash register
- Variable shifts, including holidays & weekends
TO APPLY: Send resume to email@example.com or apply on the Evergreens careers page.
UNIFI/ERMC is Hiring
WHAT: UNIFI/ERMC is immediately hiring for the following positions:
- ERMC Cabin Service Agent – Full-time – All-Shifts Available – $18.00/hour – Job Requisition # FTCAB003619
- ERMC Cabin Lavatory Agent – Full-time – All-Shifts Available – $19.38/hr – Washington Driver’s License Required – Job Requisition # CABIN003621
- UNIFI Cabin Service Agent – Full-time – All Shifts Available – $18.00/hr – Job Requisition # FTCAB003620
- Must be in-state resident
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorization to work in the United States
- Must complete SID training after hiring to obtain airport security
- Must be able to pass a 10-year background check
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
TO APPLY: Go to the Unifi website and apply using requisition number above. After you applying, call the UNIFI/ERMC office to schedule an interview appointment at 206-212-4444.
MASTERPARK HIRING DRIVERS AND CASHIER/GREETERS
WHERE: MasterPark Lot B, 2907 S 170th St, SeaTac, WA 98188
WHAT: MasterPark is hiring at Sea-Tac Airport for the following positions:
- $16.57/hr – $20/hr
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must read, write and speak English fluently
- Responsibilities: Greet customers, communicate between lot and drivers, cash out customers, light cleaning, dispatch lot attendants to retrieve vehicles
- $16.57/hr – $20/hr + tips
- 24 hrs – Three different shifts
- Must be 21 years of age
- Able to operate manual transmission vehicles
- Washington State Driver’s License (Standard or Enhanced)
- Able to provide a 3-year driving record from Washington State DMV
TO APPLY: Must apply in person at MasterPark Lot B located at 2907 S 170th St, SeaTac, WA 98188
CENTURION LOUNGE HIRING AT SEA-TAC
WHAT: Centurion Lounge is hiring for several positions at Sea-Tac Airport.
- $17.50/hr ($18/hr after six months employment)
- Will train
- $19/hr ($19.50/hr after six months employment)
- Prefer minimum 3 years’ experience as a cook
- $18/hr ($18.50/hr after six months employment)
- Prefer minimum 1 year experience as wait staff
- Must be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or GED equivalent
- $17/hr ($17.50/hr after six months employment)
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Previous bar experience with great communication and customer service skills
- Free on-site parking or monthly Sounder pass available
- Meal allowance and discounts
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability Insurance
- Pension/401K Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Standard uniforms provided
TO APPLY: Go to Careers at Compass Group.
FEDEX IS HIRING AT SEA-TAC
WHAT: FedEx is hiring part-time Material Handlers and Package Handlers at Sea-Tac Airport
- Flight benefits after 6 months
- Up to $80 monthly Orca reimbursement or free parking at employee lot
- Medical coverage with premium less than $10/mo
- Tuition reimbursement $3,000/annually
- Lots of opportunity for extra hours and overtime wages
- Paid time off and more
Package Handler position does NOT require a driver’s license
- Shift Options: 2-8am or 5-10:30pm
Material Handler position DOES require a valid driver’s license
- Shift Options: 3:50-9am or 4:15-9:15pm
- Able to lift packages of 50 lbs without assistance
- 18 years or older
- 5-year residence in U.S. required
- Male candidates must be registered with Selective Service or can obtain a status letter from sss.gov
- Able to successfully complete all training
TO APPLY: Apply online at careers.fedex.com for Sea-Tac.
QUESTIONS? Contact the recruiter, Carleton Kennedy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.248.7802.
HANJIN GLOBAL HIRING FULL-TIME AND SEASONAL WAREHOUSE AGENTS
- Warehouse Agent ( full-time and part-time available)
- $16.57/hr – $20.00/hr
- Full-time plus full benefits and seasonal positions available. (Morning/swing/night shift)
- Duties related to air cargo handling, receiving, delivering, and build-up.
- Seasonal position is up to 3 months.
Minimum job requirements:
- Must be able to pass TSA/Homeland security 10-year background check.
- Speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., without assistance.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must have flexibility with schedule.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to email@example.com. Be prepared to fill out an application if you are considered for the position.
QUESTIONS? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.731.7023 / 206.712.6788.
HORIZON AIR IS HIRING AT SEA-TAC
WHAT: Horizon Air is currently hiring Ground Service Agents and Passenger Service Agents.
- Ground Service Agents – Key responsibilities: baggage and cargo handling; aircraft marshaling for take-off and gate approach; and deicing
- Passenger Service Agents – Key responsibilities: Assisting guests with travel; questions, complaints, helping with check-in and boarding flights
- $1.50/hr summer pay differential, therefore $16.50/hr for hours worked until 9/18/2021
- $1,000 retention bonus
- $23.29/hr for FT employees working 2080 hours/year, includes bonuses 401k, PTO, Medical/Dental/Vision etc.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to work flexible schedules, which includes weekends and holidays
- Authorized to work in the United States (Citizenship or legal work status without the need for Visa sponsorship)
- Have good customer service and communication skills
- Ground Service Agent position must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Ground Service Agent must be able to consistently lift up to 50 lbs
TO APPLY: Go to Horizon Air’s Current Job Openings page.
MATHESON HIRING MATERIAL HANDLERS
WHAT: Material handlers are responsible for loading and unloading mail in and out of trucks and aircraft containers. Pay rate is $16.69/hr plus $4.54 hourly health and welfare benefit stipend, a percentage of which is invested as a contribution to employees’ 401K.
- Break shift: Tuesday-Sunday, 5-9pm
- Build shift: 10pm-4:30am
TO APPLY: Go to the Matheson Career Center webpage.
GATE GOURMET JOB FAIRS
WHEN: Monday-Friday, 1-2pm
WHERE: 2755 S 163rd St., SeaTac, WA 98158
Walk-ins welcome. Pay rates of $16.57 to $21.49/hr. Full benefits.
- Local route driver (CDL and non-CDL)
- Flight finalizer
- Storeroom clerk
- Liquor packer
- Food preparer
- Dishroom attendant
TO APPLY: Go to the gategroup Job Areas webpage.
SECURITY JOBS WITH GLOBAL ELITE AVIATION
WHAT: Global Elite Aviation is now hiring security officers at Sea-Tac Airport.
- Aviation Security Officers
- Aircraft Access Control
- Aircraft Ramp Access Control
- Aircraft Search
- Catering Security
- Passenger Verification
TO APPLY: Go to the Careers page on the Global Elite Group website.
QUESTIONS? Contact Katie Artz, recruiting manager, at email@example.com, 516.393.2161 or 516.528.6227.
ABM AVIATION JOBS
WHAT: ABM Aviation is currently hiring Airport Customer Service Agents ($16.57/hr), Baggage Agents ($16.57/hr), and Taxi Customer Service Agents ($16.57/hr).
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English
- Must be able to pass background check
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to stand or walk for full shift
- Valid WA State identification
- Must pass drug screen
APPLY: To view job responsibilities and apply, visit ABM Careers.
MCGEE AIR SERVICES RAMP AGENT JOBS
WHAT: McGee Air Services is hiring Ramp and Baggage Handlers paying up to $22/hr.
- $18.00/hr plus incentive of an additional $4/hr (total $22/hr) if you meet the reliability incentive for attendance. This bonus applies to team members working a minimum of 72 hours per pay period, with no attendance points, on an active payroll at the beginning and end of the pay period.
- Physically demanding job loading/unloading aircraft, as well as operating tugs/tractors, belt loaders and forklifts
- See McGee website for job requirements and details
APPLY/MORE INFO: Visit McGee Air Services Careers page.
SEATAC BAR GROUP HIRING DINING POSITIONS NOW
- Wait Staff ($16.57/hr + tips)
- Prep/Line Cooks ($17.23/hr)
- Bartender ($16.57/hr + tips)
- Utility ($16.57/hr)
- At least 18 years of age, unless Bartender position 21+
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Will require a valid WA State Food Handler’s Permit
- Must be able to work variable shifts
TO APPLY: Send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SKY CHEFS AIRCRAFT LOADER/DRIVER JOBS
WHAT: Do you have a driver’s license and good work ethic? We’re looking for you! You will work in a fast-paced environment loading trucks with various flights. Match beverage and food carts for airlines and load onto trucks for delivery to aircraft. With continued training, you can begin catering as a driver guide transporting meals/beverage/equipment to assigned flights. Full-time positions; must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check. Benefits include: free lunch, free parking, medical/dental and vision, and flight benefits.
APPLY TODAY! Apply in person at: LSG Sky Chefs (2358 S 154th St, Seattle, WA 98188) or online at Glass Door Aircraft Loader/Driver or send résumé to: email@example.com.
SWISSPORT HIRING FUELING AGENTS NOW
WHAT: Fueling Agents provide all necessary and required fueling services as contracted by the customer to include aircraft fueling and defueling, vehicle fueling, and operation of motorized/nonmotorized fueling equipment requirements. Details include: Weekly pay starting at $16.57/hr, health benefits and 401(k), flight benefits after six months, and career advancement opportunities.
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Able to pass Homeland Security background check for badging
- Able to pass alcohol and drug screening tests
- Able to work in a time-sensitive, multiple shift, and team-oriented environment
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Weekly pay starting at $18.00/hr
- Health benefits and 401(k)
- Flight benefits after six months
- Career advancement
TO APPLY: Apply online at Swissport Careers using Job: Fueling Agent – SeaTac-2110873.
QUESTIONS? Contact recruiter Tonya Awalt at 1.919.397.5116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Airport Jobs is a program of Port Jobs. Port Jobs is not the hiring employer for this event. Port Jobs is not responsible for the actions of the hiring employer. **
~ONGOING OPPORTUNITIES & RESOURCES~
CHILD CARE AWARE OF WASHINGTON FAMILY CENTER
WHAT: The Child Care Aware of Washington Family Center is a statewide call center assisting families in finding licensed child care providers, navigating child care financial assistance options, finding alternative forms of care, and connecting families to COVID-related resources in their community. We also assist families to navigate the state subsidy system, including connecting families experiencing homelessness with the Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) Working Connections Homeless Grace Period (HGP), which may authorize 12 months of child care subsidy without a copay.
What this means for families:
- Experiencing homelessness and income verification are the only eligibility criteria to obtain child care subsidy.
- DCYF will authorize the family for full-time care.
- Families will have 12 months to participate in employment activities to reauthorize for Working Connections after the grace period ends.
- No copay will be required during the grace period.
MORE INFO/HELP: We are able to assist families over the phone in multiple languages! Call 1.800.446.1114 for assistance Monday-Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm or email email@example.com.
CORONAVIRUS RESOURCES FOR SEATTLE, KING CO, & WA STATE
WHAT: Visit Solid Ground’s Coronavirus Resources webpage with regularly updated resources and information for Seattle, King County, and Washington State, or call our main phone line at 206.694.6700.
COMCAST INTERNET ESSENTIALS
WHAT: Comcast’s Internet Essentials program is the largest, most comprehensive, and most successful broadband adoption program in the nation. It provides low-cost internet ($9.95/month) to low-income families and individuals within the Comcast service area. New customers who apply before Dec. 31, 2021, receive their first two months of Internet Essentials for free.
Eligibility: To qualify, applicants simply need to show they participate in one of more than a dozen different government assistance programs, including:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Comcast also accepts applications from households that:
- have a student eligible for the National School Lunch Program
- live in public housing
- receive HUD Housing Assistance (including Section 8 vouchers)
- participate in the Veterans Pension Program, as well as low-income seniors in select pilot markets
MORE INFO/TO APPLY: Visit the Internet Essentials website for eligibility information and an application – or call 1.855.846.8376.
FAMILY MATTERS CLINIC FOR LGBTQ+ FAMILIES
WHEN/WHERE: Ongoing; meeting times and locations are set when families are matched with attorneys
WHAT: QLaw Foundation supports all of the ways that our community makes families. We serve parents who are low income, QTPOC, formerly incarcerated, trans/nonbinary, poly, immigrant/refugee, and/or living with disabilities. We have no limitations based on citizenship or income level.
The Family Matters clinic for LGBTQ+ families in King County is a full-representation clinic for:
- people who are parenting, but who don’t have legal recognition of their role
- families recognized under Washington law who want an adoption or parentage order just to be safe
- families parenting kids from their partner’s prior relationship
- parents not married to the kids’ other parent who want to make sure their relationship with the children is protected in a worst-case scenario
- families with three or four (or more!) people parenting children who want to make sure each parent has legal recognition
MORE INFO: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.483.2725.
FINANCIAL AID VIA WA STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT COUNCIL
WHAT: The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) is committed to increasing educational opportunities and attainment in Washington State. Apply for financial aid for the 2021-22 school year to get education or training to expand your options during uncertain times. Given the ongoing economic uncertainty caused by COVID-19, education after high school is more important than ever. Filing a financial aid application gives people more options for the future.
APPLY NOW! Fill out 2021/2022 WAFSA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) and/or a 2021/2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online form as soon as possible. Don’t wait to find out if you’ve been admitted!
CONTACT: Katie Tallman, Senior Communications Consultant, at 360.753.7859 or email@example.com.
JOB SEEKERS’ VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS – MULTILINGUAL
WHAT: WorkSource hosts free virtual workshops for job seekers in multiple languages on topics such as Financial capabilities, Interviewing Techniques, Job-Search Strategies, Perfecting Applications, Résumé and Cover Letters, Skills and Abilities Analysis, Strategies for Success, and more.
MORE INFO: See all upcoming free workshops for job seekers in King County on the WorkSource workshop calendar.
HOMELESSNESS PREVENTION FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR VETERANS
WHAT: Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) has funds to provide financial assistance to eligible veterans at risk of experiencing homelessness during the COVID-19 outbreak. Veterans must meet the following criteria and be able to provide verification to qualify for assistance.
- Income: 50% AMI max (see chart below)
- Military Service: 1 day active duty, any discharge except Dishonorable (Reserves/National Guard ineligible, unless federally activated)
- Housing Loss: Documented risk of housing loss within 30 days (does not need to be COVID-19-related)
Current AMI income monthly limits by family size:
- 1 person = $3,483
- 2 people = $3,983
- 3 people = $4,479
- 4 people = $4,975
- 5 people = $5,375
- 6 people = $5,775
- 7 people = $6,170
- 8 people = $6,570
QUESTIONS/CONTACT: Please reach out any of the following agencies for assistance.
- SSVF (a program of SOUND): 206.545.2344
- Catholic Community Services (CCS): 206.858.1148 or 253.850.2507
- YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish: 425.264.1426
KING COUNTY HOMELESS EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
WHAT: TRAC Associates is a leader in providing employment services for job seekers and employers since 1983. We assist job seekers with the changing needs of employers and the labor market through programs designed to assist people experiencing homelessness, poverty, and disadvantageous/disabling conditions – and we’re adapting our meeting protocols and spaces to keep both our clients and staff safe and healthy.
Employment barriers we assist with include: Obtaining Driver’s Licenses, IDs and Birth Certificates; Transportation; Phone and Email; Job Searches and Applications; Interview and Work Clothes; Hygiene Items; Haircuts; Classes and Trainings; Résumés and Cover Letters; Interviewing Skills; Workplace Issues; Life Skills; Advocacy; Financial Coaching; Connecting to Housing Case Management; Finding any other resource you need to be successful!
TRAC programs for job seekers include:
- Supported Employment – Vulnerable Populations, Substance Use Disordoer (SUD) and Mental Health (MH), folks in Recovery – Foundational Community Support / Medicaid
- TRAC to Work – Homeless Employment Program – United Way JobsConnect
- BFET – Basic Food, Employment, and Training – for people receiving food benefits
- ORIA – Office of Refugee and Immigrant Assistance
- WIOA – Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act – for unemployed adults, dislocated workers, seniors, and caregivers
- Ticket To Work – SSI / SSDI recipients
- CLEVER – Career Ladder for Educated and Vocationally Experienced Refugees
- Healthcare Workforce for the Future
- Community Jobs – for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients
MORE INFO: Contact Carrie Lewis, TRAC Associates Employment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.466.7432.
ORCA LIFT SUBSIDIZED ANNUAL PASS
WHAT: Freedom and possibilities through transit! King County Metro and Sound Transit have partnered to create a new, subsidized annual pass program, allowing qualified riders to travel on select transit in our region with subsidized fares.
Eligibility – Customers who reside in King, Pierce, or Snohomish County and are enrolled in one of the six state benefit programs:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)/State Family Assistance (SFA)
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)
- Aged, Blind, or Disabled Cash Assistance (ABD)
- Pregnant Women Assistance (PWA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Housing & Essential Needs (HEN)
APPLY NOW! For more information or to see if you qualify, visit Washington Connection or call 877.501.2233. Expansions are expected in 2022 to serve more customers that have household incomes at or below 80% of the federal poverty level.
SAFELINK WIRELESS SMARTPHONES & DATA PLANS
WHAT: Coordinated Care of Washington, Inc. is proud to be working with SafeLink Wireless/ LifeLine program at no cost to eligible customers receiving unemployment benefits. Customers may qualify for SafeLink service by submitting a notice of unemployment benefit payments that at a minimum includes: 1) Name, 2) Household’s current income information, 3) Dated within the last 3 months.
With SafeLink Health Solutions®, eligible customers will get:
- A free smartphone, 3GB of data, and 350 monthly minutes*
- Unlimited text messages with health tips and reminders
- Calls to Coordinated Care Member Services will not count toward your 350 minutes
- Note you must make at least one phone call or send a text message each month in order to keep your LifeLine benefits.
- Already have your own phone? Choose the keep your own smartphone** program and receive a sim card at no cost.
APPLY/MORE INFO: Enroll in the Coordinated Care Phone Program or call SafeLink at 1.877.631.2550.
*Unused minutes and data will not carry over from month-to-month. A month equals 30 days.
**To keep your own smartphone, you must have a compatible Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) phone (which includes T-Mobile and AT&T compatible phones). Your phone must also be unlocked. Several other carriers also use GSM networks. To confirm yours is included, call your carrier.
TECH JOB SKILLS TRAINING IN SEATTLE-KING CO.
NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION PROGRAMS (free )
- Ada Developers Academy – Nonprofit coding bootcamp offering women and gender diverse people ages 18+ training in Software/Web/Mobile App Development. Length/Frequency: 11 months (6-month class/5-month internship), full-time M-F
- Apprenti – WTIA nonprofit offers diverse, underrepresented populations ages 18+ training and apprenticeships in: Web/Software Development, Network Security, Windows or Linux Systems Administration, and IT Tech Support or Cloud Tech Support. Length/Frequency: 10 months (4-month class/6-month paid apprenticeship), full-time M-F
- Digital Skills for All – Nonprofit initiative offering multiple programs to provide underserved youth ages 16-24 with the computer science skills they need to succeed in entry-level technology job opportunities. Length/Frequency: 12-18 months, depending on program
- Generation USA Training Accelerator – In partnership with South Seattle College, offering residents ages 18+ in King County job training in two tech career pathways: IT Help Desk Technician and Junior Web Developer. Length/Frequency: 11-12 weeks, Full-time M-F
- Year Up Puget Sound – Nonprofit offering low-income, young adults ages 18-26 job training and internships in three different tech career pathways: Software Development and Testing/QA, IT/Network Support, and Business Operations and Project Management Support. Length/Frequency: 12 months (6-month class and 6-month internship), Full-Time M-F
TECHNICAL and COMMUNITY COLLEGE PROGRAMS (reduced/free tuition might be available for qualifying individuals through the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges’ Workforce Transitions Support programs)
- Bellevue College – Institute for Business and Information Technology
- Green River College – Information Technology Programs
- Highline College – Computer Science Programs
- North Seattle College – IT Programs
- Renton Technical College – IT Programs
- Seattle Central College – IT and Web Programs
- South Seattle College/Year Up – Business Operations and Project Management Support Program
MORE INFO/QUESTIONS? Visit the Communities of Opportunity (COO) website or contact Dan Bernard, Communities of Opportunity Employment Manager, at email@example.com.
WA STATE PAID FAMILY & MEDICAL LEAVE
WHAT: Paid Family & Medical Leave is available for Washington State residents when you need time off to care for yourself or a family member. There are three main types of paid leave available: Medical Leave, Family Leave, and Military Leave. Each one is related to a different type of “qualifying event” – the thing that happens to you or a family member that qualifies you for paid leave.
MORE INFO/TO APPLY: Visit the Washington State Paid Family & Medical Leave website to find out how it works and to apply, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
WA STATE RECOVERY HELP LINE: 1.866.789.1511
WHAT: The Washington Recovery Help Line is a free, confidential 24-hour, statewide helpline for substance abuse, problem gambling, and mental health. Visit www.waRecoveryHelpLine.org for resources (a service of Crisis Connections and the WA State DSHS). We offer: 1) Free and confidential support, 2) Connection to local treatment providers, 3) Medication for opioid use referrals, 4) DSHS benefits application assistance.
- 866.789.1511 (1.206.461.3219 TTY)
- Help for teens: 866.TEENLINK (1.866.833.6546)
CONTACT/MORE INFO: Email us at email@example.com. Crisis Connections (9725 3rd Ave NE, Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98115)
WA STATE UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE (UI) ELIGIBILITY
WHAT: WA State Employment Security has new information to help you find out if you’re eligible for unemployment benefits. Here are the steps:
1) Find out what you’re eligible for.
- Visit Employment Security’s Unemployment Benefits webpage.
- Download the Eligibility Checker.
2) Eligible for regular UI? Apply as soon as possible! Before you apply:
- Download the Unemployment Benefits Application Checklist
- Gather all the info you’ll need for your application.
- Make sure you read and understand all the materials.
- Can’t get regular UI? You might be eligible for expanded benefits under the federal CARES Act (see below).
3) Set up your Secure Access Washington (SAW) account.
- Watch Creating a SAW Account for Unemployment Insurance: This 9-minute video tutorial may save you a lot of time – especially if there’s a chance you may already have a SAW account. That can cause issues that are tricky to fix down the road.
‘YOUR NEXT JOB’ SERVICE
WHAT: Your Next Job is a new service at The Seattle Public Library that can help job seekers: 1) Get started with unemployment, 2) Search for jobs, 3) Apply for jobs, and 4) Learn new job skills. Through one-on-one appointments via phone, text, or online conferencing, we can help job seekers to be successful on career and educational pathways, including job seekers with little or no digital literacy skills and those with limited English proficiency in Mandarin and Russian (and hope to add additional in-language services in July).
We can help people with:
- computer basics, such as using email
- creating a SAW (Secure Access Washington) account to start an unemployment claim
- navigating online resources
Please note, we cannot help troubleshoot devices, fill out unemployment applications, or answer questions about existing claims.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT: To make a Your Next Job appointment for yourself or someone you are assisting, please call 206.386.4636, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the intake form on our website. We can answer questions by phone in the following languages: Amharic, Arabic, Cantonese, French, Hindi, Hmong, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Laotian, Mandarin, Oromo, Russian, Spanish, Somali, Tagalog, Thai, Tigrinya, and Vietnamese.
- For access to job resources, visit The Seattle Public Library Job Resources webpage.
- For assistance with unemployment claims, contact the Employment Securities Department.
- For assistance finding shelter, food resources, or other help with basic needs, contact our Community Resource Specialist.
Your Next Job is offered in partnership with King County Library System and Seattle Jobs Initiative.
YOUTH SUICIDE PREVENTION – FREE COACHING FOR STUDENTS
WHAT: Crisis Connections is excited to offer free trainings in partnership with local cities. Our qualified trainers encourage students to talk openly about stress, coping, depression, and suicidal behavior. These trainings can also be delivered virtually; please call to see if you are in an eligible area.
Trainers include information on:
- youth suicide
- an overview of local resources
- help for teens to identify warning signs
- how to support themselves and others who may be dealing with mental health challenges
MORE INFO: Please contact Crisis Connections at 206.204.9520 or email@example.com to schedule a training or get more information.
Leave a Comment