THE TILE PROJECT IS HIRING
WHEN: Next session begins January 15, 2019
WHERE: YouthCare’s Orion Center (1828 Yale Ave, Seattle, WA 98101)
WHAT: The Tile Project is an 8-week pre-employment internship opportunity for youth and young adults who are experiencing housing instability. During the internship, apprentices gain job skills and work on a variety of art projects such as ceramics, digital art, patches, collages and more.
To qualify you must be:
- Between 16-24
- Experiencing homelessness, in transitional housing, in shelter, or at risk of losing housing
- Not currently working or have limited/no job experience
TO APPLY: Contact Kate Burnley at email@example.com or text/call 206.384.8715.
DAY OF CARING: FREE BUSINESS LAW CLINIC
WHEN: Tuesday, January 22, 4 – 8pm
WHERE: 2100 Building (2100 24th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144)
WHAT: Wayfind is partnering with United Way of King County, Ventures and the Nonprofit Assistance Center to offer free business law consultations to micro-enterprises and nonprofits. Sign up to meet with a lawyer for 45 minutes, at no cost, and ask them your legal questions about your business or nonprofit. There will be attorneys with expertise in the following areas:
- Starting up your business or nonprofit
- Employment law
- Intellectual property (protecting your name and logo)
TO REGISTER: Please email Wayfind’s Program Manager Sarah Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***** ONGOING EVENTS & RESOURCES *****
HEARING AIDS COVERED FOR CLIENTS AGE 21 & OLDER
WHEN: Beginning January 1, 2019
WHAT: The Washington State Legislature passed ESSB 5179, requiring Apple Health (Medicaid) to cover hearing instruments (hearing aids) when medically necessary. Under the legislation, clients 21 and older who meet specific hearing loss criteria may be eligible for the following:
- One hearing aid every five years
- A second hearing aid when specific criteria are met
- Repair & replacement of hearing aids
- Hearing aid related service & supplies
- Repairs to external components of cochlear implants & bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA) devices
FOR MORE INFO: Visit the Health Care Authority website.
FEDEX IS HIRING
WHEN: Every Thursday in January, 11am – 1pm
WHERE: Airport Jobs Office, SeaTac International Airport (17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158, Mezzanine Level, Room 6626)
WHAT: A FedEx recruiter will be at the Airport Jobs Office answering questions regarding open positions and assisting with online applications. This is a walk-in event; no registration needed, all are welcome!
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. resident for minimum 5 years
- Valid driver’s license (for select positions)
YOUTHCARE BARISTA & CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING ORIENTATION
WHEN: January 14, 2019 – March 8, 2019
WHERE: Orientations take place at various times and locations
WHAT: YouthCare is hosting a Barista & Customer Service Training orientation for young adults, ages 16-24. Orientation attendance is mandatory to complete enrollment. (Applications are due Wednesday, January 9, and the next cohort will begin Monday, January 14. One-to-one orientation options are also available.)
- Ages 16-24
- Legal to work in the U.S. with 2 forms of ID (photo ID and a birth certificate/social security card)
- “Unstably housed” (youth do not have to be literally homeless; please ask if you are unsure about qualifications!)
QUESTIONS/TO SCHEDULE: Contact Ellen McGuire at email@example.com or 206.390.6507.
FREE 1-to-1 CAREER & EDUCATION COACHING
WHEN: 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of the Month
WHERE: Hopelink Shoreline (17837 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133)
WHAT: Hopelink offers coaching to help you decide your next career steps and education goals.
FOR MORE INFO: Drop in or make an appointment with Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEALTHCARE CAREER TRAINING
WHEN: January 28 – February 22, 9am – 1pm
WHAT: Kick-start your healthcare career! Swedish Hospital partners with Seattle Jobs Initiative, Seattle Colleges Center for Working Adults, and City of Seattle Office of Economic Development to create a brand-new program, GrowHire, for job seekers who want to kick-start their healthcare careers. They provide a 4-week training for entry-level jobs in nutritional or environmental services. No experience is required. Support services, coaches and mentors are available along the way.
Eligibility for the training includes:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have graduated from high school/completed a GED within six months of hire
- Level 4 English language proficiency (speaking & listening)
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Pass a background check
- Attend class daily from 9am – 1pm, Monday – Friday, January 28 – February 22
FOR MORE INFO: Contact John Liddell at 206.628.6975 or email@example.com.