BELLEVUE EMPLOYER CAREER DAY
WHEN: February 22, 2017, 10am-12:30pm
WHERE: WorkSource North Seattle, OCEE Building at North Seattle College (9600 College Way N, Seattle, WA 98103)
WHAT: The City of Bellevue is hiring! Bellevue is routinely ranked among the best mid-sized cities in the country, and Sound Transit’s East Link will soon provide light rail connections between Downtown Bellevue, Downtown Seattle, the Spring District, and points beyond. Some current openings include:
- Risk Management Claims Specialist
- IT Applications Lead
- Mechanical Plans Examiner/Inspector
- Police Background Investigator
- Senior Utilities Engineer
- PT openings in the Parks and Maintenance
Visit the City of Bellevue Job Opportunities webpage to view these and other openings.
REGISTRATION: To register, create a job seeker account on www.worksourcewa.com and upload your resume. Once your resume is uploaded, you are registered!
QUESTIONS? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE TAX PREPARATION
WHEN: Now through April 20, 2017
WHAT: The United Way of King County is offering free tax help to households earning $64,000 a year or less. There are two ways to file:
1) File online at MyFreeTaxes.com at home on your own or at one of United Way’s assisted self-preparation labs where someone will be available to help answer questions.
2) Visit one of the 27 locations to get help filing taxes today. Tax help is available in your neighborhood and in your language from IRS-certified volunteers. They’ll help you get all the credits you qualify for and file your return electronically, so you’ll get your refund fast. The best news: No appointment needed and no fees to pay. Here’s what to bring:
- Social Security cards/individual tax identification numbers (ITINs) and birthdates for everyone to be listed on the return
- Photo ID
- All tax statements, such as W-2 forms (from all your employers), 1099 forms (interest, dividends, unemployment), SSA-1099 forms (Social Security and/or retirement income), etc.
Health Insurance forms 1095-A (required), 1095-B (required if available), or 1095-C (required if available).
- If you are filing jointly with your spouse, you both must be present to e-file.
- Bank account number and routing number
- A copy of last year’s tax return
MORE INFO/QUESTIONS: Call 2.1.1 or visit FreeTaxExperts.org.