YOUTHCARE’S BARISTA PROGRAM IS HIRING!
WHEN: Required open house, Tuesday, September 13, 3pm; 7-week training starts Monday, September 19
WHERE: YouthCare’s Orion Center, 1828 Yale Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
WHAT: The Barista Training & Education Program (BTEP) is a 7-week job training program focused on barista skills and advanced customer service training. The program is split into two phases: Phase 1 is 2 weeks of intensive classroom learning and hands-on training. In Phase 2, students participate in 5 weeks of on-the-job training experience in a full service café. Additionally, students learn job readiness and life skills and work on their individual goals throughout the program. Students will receive support services from a Career Coordinator and can seek help with housing placement, education goals, job search, and basic service needs.
To be eligible, you must be:
- Ages 16–24
- Legal to work in U.S. with 2 forms of ID (photo ID and a birth certificate/social security card)
- “Unstably housed” (Youth do not have to be literally homeless; please ask if you are unsure about qualification!)
QUESTIONS? Brandt Lenning
SODEXO MAGIC – HIRING EVENT FOR NEW DELTA SKY CLUB AT SEATAC
WHEN: Tuesday, September 13, 10am–2pm (Applications must be completed prior to attending the Open Interview. Applications can be obtained at the Airport Jobs office prior to and the morning of the event.)
WHERE: Airport Jobs Office at SeaTac Airport | 17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158, Mezzanine Level, Room 6626. Take an elevator or stairs to the Mezzanine level and go to the far end above Security Checkpoint 5 to D & N Gates.
WHAT: Sodexo Magic is a partner with Delta Airlines and is seeking to build a great team for the Delta Sky Clubs at SeaTac Airport. Applicants must read, write and speak fluent English. Applicants must have at least a High School Diploma or GED. Must be available to work variable shifts, including weekends and holidays. Must be able to pass TSA background check. Must have great customer service and people skills.
Positions & Job Qualifications:
- Utility Worker, $15.24/hr
- Janitorial Supervisor, $17/hr: Associates Degree preferred, 2 years’ supervisory experience and 2-4 years’ work experience in facility maintenance
- Senior Cook, $20/hr: 4 or more years of related experience; ServSafe Certification within 90 days of employment
- Cook, $17+/hr: 0-2 years’ related work experience
- Food Service Worker, $15.24+/hr: previous related work experience
- Wait Staff (non-tipped), $15.24/hr
- Bartender, $15.24+/hr: At least 1 year bartending experience and/or certification, WA class 12 Certified and must pass drug screening for this position
- Supervisor, $DOE: Preferred Associates Degree; 2 years’ supervisory experience in hospitality or food service industry; 4 years’ work experience in customer service, hospitality or culinary services; ServSafe Certification within 90 days of employment; WA Class 12 Liquor license
OPEN HOUSE FOR NEW YOUNG ADULT CLINIC IN SHORELINE
WHEN: Wednesday, September 14, 5–8pm
WHAT: International Community Health Services (ICHS) is opening a new Young Adult Clinic at its Shoreline clinic, providing emergency contraception, sexually transmitted diseases (STD) screening and treatment, and mental health counseling to people between the ages of 14 and 26. The Young Adult Clinic welcomes walk-ins and appointments.
“Unlike Seattle, Shoreline has no teen youth clinics, family planning clinics, or mental health services specifically for young people,” says Pia Sampaga-Khim, ICHS Health Education Supervisor. “The Young Adult Clinic will provide a youth-friendly and confidential space that is staffed by health care professionals.”
YOUNG ADULT JOB & RESOURCE FAIR
WHEN: September 21, 2–4:30pm
WHERE: Hilton Seattle Airport Conference Center, 17620 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98188, 3rd Floor of the Conference Center, Crystal Ballroom
WHAT: Over 30 employers and resources will be present! Target age group is 16-24, but event is open to the public. Two employers do onsite interviews for young adults under 25 years of age.
REGISTRATION: Needed only for interview slots. See flier below for instructions.
QUESTIONS? Bethany Rigtrup, 206.477.2716