BARISTA TRAINING ORIENTATION
WHEN: Thursday, September 21, 4pm
WHERE: Street Youth Ministries (SYM), 4540 15th NE, Seattle, WA 98105
WHAT: YouthCare & FareStart team up for this exciting opportunity for young adults ages 16 – 24 to attend an orientation for the barista training program. Orientation attendance is required to enroll in the program.
- Ages 16 – 24
- Legal to work in the U.S. with 2 forms of ID (photo ID & birth certificate/SS card)
- “Unstably housed”
FOR MORE INFO: Questions about qualifications? Contact Career Coordinator Ronnie Keenan at 206.390.6507.
RACE & SOCIAL JUSTICE INITIATIVE YOUNG ADULT COUNCIL
WHEN: Applications due September 22, 2017 by 11:59pm
WHERE: Seattle Public Library, University Branch, 5009 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
WHAT: Youth ages 16 – 24, join the diverse Seattle Race & Social Justice Initiative Council for the opportunity to discuss and address possible solutions and conflicts youth in Seattle face. Attend 2 Saturdays per month — either community events or council meetings — to raise awareness about local and nationwide issues.
Young adult Ambassadors will receive $15/hour for their services. Pick up an application at the SPL University Branch library drop-in, or fill out the application online.
QUESTIONS: Contact Kristin Fernandez, Kristin.Fernandez@seattle.gov
FREE DACA RENEWAL ASSISTANCE
WHEN: 1) Friday, September 22, 3pm & 2) Sunday, September 24, 10am
1) ReWA Main Office, 4008 Martin Luther King Jr Way S, Seattle, WA 98108
2) South Seattle College, Georgetown Campus, 6737 Corson Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108
WHAT: The Seattle Office of Immigration and Refugee Affairs is partnering with community organizations in Seattle on the above dates for those needing help with DACA renewal. If your work permit expires between September 5, 2017 and March 5, 2018, you should renew your DACA by October 5, 2017.
Renewal documents to bring:
- Copy of work permit or copy of I-795 approval notice
- previously filed DACA application
- $495 filing fee (visit DACA website for loan options)
- 2 passport pictures
FOR MORE INFO:
- Appointment required for ReWA location. Call 206.721.8458 to schedule.
- More in-depth renewal details available at Northwest Immigration Rights Project website.
Leave a Comment