EXPLORING CAREERS PANEL
WHEN: Thursday, 8/3/17, 7pm
WHERE: Shoreline Library
WHAT: Discover your dream job, get training and find funding for school. Shoreline Community College is partnering with the Shoreline Library to provide a panel of education and career experts to answer questions about:
- How to pick a career that is right for you?
- When do you know you settled on the right career?
- How to pay for training or college?
- What are important things to consider changing careers and going back to school?
- What are challenges that adult learners encounter attending training? What are strategies and resources they used for overcoming these?
- Next steps for making that career change.
MORE INFO: Contact Outreach Specialist Jenna Durney at 206.546.4739 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you’re interested in joining her Community Resource Listserv to learn about community resources and events.
KWA HOMECARE HIRING OVER 50 POSITIONS
WHAT: KWA Home Care is hiring:
- Personal and Home Care Aides
- Certified Nursing Assistants
Come prepared to meet with hiring representatives and on-the-spot interviews.
MORE INFO/QUESTIONS: See attached flyer or call 1.888.508.2780.
4TH ANNUAL WORKING WITH OUR TROOPS CAREER EXPO
WHEN: Wednesday, 8/9/17, 10am – 2pm
WHERE: Washington State Conference Center first, second and third floors (across the street from the Washington State Convention Center)
WHAT: Over 100 major corporations and small businesses and employers from Federal, State, County and City government are looking for you! These include Amazon, King Co., City of Seattle, WSP, UPS, PSE Exotic Metals Tote, US Bank and more.
Avoid a stressful commute by hopping on the FREE BUS SERVICE:
Pierce County bus service locations (depart Expo at 1pm):
- Shuttle pick up at 8:15am at USO Transitional Services
- Shuttle pick up at 8:30am at Bates Technical College South Campus (Rear Parking Lot)
King County bus service locations (depart Expo at 1pm):
- Shuttle pick up around 8:30am at the following WorkSource facilities
MORE INFO: Contact Andrew Ang at Aang@esd.wa.gov
The following is a list of employers with many open positions available. They range from entry-level to higher management jobs.
- King County: Join King County in taking public service to a new level!
- Marriott International: Opportunities abound! Find something that fits you.
- Northwest Center: Opportunities include general labor such as janitorial positions and administrative jobs.
- Restaurant & Food Service Job Postings: All level positions available in the food service industry in Seattle.
- Seattle Housing Authority: Employees work in a wide range of administrative, social service and maintenance positions that support the agency’s mission to provide housing and services for people with low incomes. Job sites are located throughout Seattle.
- Seattle Public Schools: You can have a profound impact on the lives of children by working for Seattle Public Schools!