HILTON GARDEN INN HIRING CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM
WHEN: Thursday & Friday, 8/3/17 & 8/4/17, 11am-6pm
WHERE: Meydenbauer Center
WHAT: Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bellevue Downtown, WA is looking for courteous, customer service-driven, happy, energetic, ambitious, inspired, ego-free individuals to join their growing hospitality team! They are hiring for multiple positions on their team. Experience preferred, but they will train the right person. To apply, meet and interview!
What they offer:
- Insurance Package: Medical/Dental/Vision individual and family coverage
- Paid Days Off: Holidays/Personal/Sick
- Travel Discounts: Hotel discounts for you and your friends/family all over the country.
- Entertainment Perks: Discounts for you and your friends/family all over the country, including concerts, sporting events, and major theme parks (just to name a few).
- Recognition Programs: These include gift cards, incentives, and career growth opportunities.
FREE/LOW-COST INTERNET SERVICES & PHONES
WHAT: Lists with details about access to free or low-cost Information Technology:
- Low-Cost Home Internet Access for Residents: With help from these programs, you can check your email, do your homework, search for jobs, pay your bills, watch short video clips, download music, and much more.
- Free Access to Computers & Internet: Did you know there are several places around Seattle where you can drop in and check your email or access the Internet for job searches, pay your electric bill online, or search for entertainment options around city?
- Discount Smart Phones: Lifeline is a government benefit program that provides monthly telephone service discounts for eligible consumers living on low incomes, helping create access to the opportunities and security that phone service affords — including being able to connect to jobs, housing, family and 9-1-1.
QUESTIONS: Call 206.684.0600.
FRESH BUCKS FARMERS MARKET PROGRAM (for SNAP/EBT)
WHEN: Check opening date at the farmers market nearest you.
WHERE: Check out the Find Your Market Map.
WHAT: The Fresh Bucks program matches SNAP/EBT (food stamps) benefits dollar-for-dollar, up to $10 at all participating farmers market locations in Seattle and King County.
MORE INFO: Visit the Fresh Bucks website!
1.844.724.3737 – HOTLINE FOR IMMIGRATION ACTIVITY IN WA
WHAT: The Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network launched the 1.844.RAID.REP (1.844.724.3737) hotline for community members to report immigration detentions and other problematic activity by immigration agents. Bilingual hotline volunteers are available.
Community members can use the hotline to report:
- Family members or friends being detained by ICE or Border Patrol in Washington state
- Workplace raids by immigration agents
- Other problematic activity by immigration agents (e.g., presence of immigration agents in or around courthouses, schools, congregations, medical facilities, etc.)
- Other situations that cause concern for community members
Community members who contact the hotline to report someone being detained by immigration will receive information about how to connect with legal help through the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) referral service, and the information will also be sent to the NWIRP (Northwest Immigrant Rights Project) Tacoma office to provide legal orientation services for those who cannot afford private representation. If a verified large-scale workplace raid is in progress, NWIRP will deploy a large-scale raid legal response team.
MORE INFO: See the Immigration Hotline Press Release in ENGLISH and ESPAÑOL, or visit the Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network Facebook page.