HOW TO PAY FOR COLLEGE PRESENTATION
WHEN: Wednesday, June 6, 6-7:30pm
WHERE: Shoreline Community College, Richmond Beach Library (1601 Greenwood Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133)
WHAT: Learn tips and tricks for paying for college, obtaining scholarships, and avoiding student debt from the financial aid, grant and scholarship experts at Shoreline Community College. There will be a short presentation, followed by a question and answer session.
SECOND CHANCE JOB FAIR
WHEN: Thursday, June 7, 9am-1pm
WHERE: South Seattle College Georgetown Campus (6737 Corson Ave S, Building C, Room 110 & 111, Seattle, WA 98108)
WHAT: WorkSource, in partnership with South Seattle College, is hosting the 2nd Chance Job Fair for anyone who has trouble obtaining employment due to background checks. There will be a variety of employers to provide opportunities for individuals who are unemployed, underemployed, and looking for work. Please bring resumes and dress professionally for on-the-spot interviewing.
RSVP: Please register with Eventbrite.
MANUFACTURING OPEN HOUSE
WHEN: Thursday, June 7, 2:30-5pm
WHERE: Shoreline Community College, 2500 Building (16101 Greenwood Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133)
WHAT: Come learn about advanced manufacturing and robotics! We’ll have:
⇒Food & Giveaways ⇒Live Robot ⇒3-D Printing Demonstrations ⇒Employer Tables ⇒Stirling Engine Competition
FOR MORE INFO: Call 206.533.6679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE SUNDAY DINNER
WHEN: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 12-2pm
WHERE: Blessed Sacrament Church, Parish Hall, (5050 8th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115)
WHAT: Blessed Sacrament Church is hosting their weekly Sunday dinner. Meals are served with green salad, fruit salad, dessert, bread, coffee, milk and juice.
This Sunday’s Menu:
⇒Ham ⇒Chowder ⇒Mashed Spuds & Gravy ⇒Mixed Vegetables ⇒Pineapple ⇒3-Bean Salad
St. Vincent de Paul conference representatives will also be present during dinner for assistance referrals. Blessed Sacrament Church is accessible through Metro bus routes 26, 70 & 67.
CASCADES JOB CORPS & CAREER ACADEMY
WHERE/WHEN: Three locations & times:
- Lynnwood, every Monday, 3:30pm (Cascades Job Corps Offices, 4610 200th St SW, Suite J, Lynnwood, WA 98036)
- SeaTac, every 3rd Tuesday, 10:30am (Valley View Library, 17850 Military Road, SeaTac, WA 98188)
- Rainier Beach, every 4th Thursday, 11am (Rainier Beach Library, 9125 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118)
WHAT: Cascades Job Corps College is a No-Cost residential and educational training program where you can jumpstart your career in Healthcare or Information Technology. You can work on your High School diploma/GED and an Associates Degree while earning trade certification in:
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Computer Applications Support Technician
- Game & Web Developer
- Networking Technician
FOR MORE INFO: Visit www.CascadesJobCorpsCCA.com or contact Tracy Green at 425.582.8983.
SNOHOMISH COUNTY FARMERS MARKET FRESH BUCKS PROGRAM
WHERE/WHEN: Multiple locations & times:
- Arlington, Saturdays 10am-3pm from July 7-Sept 8 (Legion Park, 200 N Olympic Ave, Arlington, WA 98223)
- Everett, Sundays 11am-4pm from May 13-October 15 (Port of Everett at Boxcar Park, 1200 Millwright Loop West, Everett, WA 98201)
- Marysville, Saturdays 10am-2pm from June 23-Sept 1 (Marysville Farmers Market, 1035 State Ave Kirkland, WA 98033)
WHAT: Participants can swipe their EBT cards at local farmers markets and receive $2 for every $2 spent (up to $10) for fruits, vegetables, plant starts, and herbs.
FOR MORE INFO: Visit the Washington State Farmers Market Association (WSFMA) website or call 206.706.5198. For a full list of participating farmers markets and locations, visit the Snohomish Region Farmers Market Coalition website.
Leave a Comment