CASCADES JOB CORPS & CAREER ACADEMY
WHERE/WHEN: Three locations & times:
- Lynnwood, every Monday, 3:30pm (Cascades Job Corps Offices, 4610 200th St SW, Suite J, Lynnwood, WA 98036)
- SeaTac, every 3rd Tuesday, 10:30am (Valley View Library, 17850 Military Road, SeaTac, WA 98188)
- Rainier Beach, every 4th Thursday, 11am (Rainier Beach Library, 9125 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118)
WHAT: Cascades Job Corps College is a No-Cost residential and educational training program where you can jumpstart your career in Healthcare or Information Technology. You can work on your High School diploma/GED and an Associates Degree while earning trade certification in:
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Computer Applications Support Technician
- Game & Web Developer
- Networking Technician
FOR MORE INFO: Visit www.CascadesJobCorpsCCA.com or contact Tracy Green at 425.582.8983.
SECOND CHANCE JOB FAIR
WHEN: Thursday, June 7, 9am – 1pm
WHERE: South Seattle College Georgetown Campus (6737 Corson Ave S, Building C, Room 110 & 111, Seattle, WA 98108)
WHAT: WorkSource in partnership with South Seattle College is hosting the 2nd chance Job Fair for anyone who has trouble obtaining employment due to background checks. There will be a variety of employers to provide opportunities for individuals who are unemployed, underemployed, and looking for work. Please bring resumes and dress professionally for on-the-spot interviewing.
RSVP: Please register with Eventbrite.
OPEN ORIENTATION FOR CULINARY ARTS PROGRAM
WHEN: Every Tuesday, promptly at 9:30am
WHERE: FareStart (700 Virginia St, Seattle, WA 98101). Ring the buzzer at the Virginia Street entrance for receptionist.
WHAT: FareStart is a free culinary training and placement program. Students receive:
- 16 weeks of hands-on culinary training in working professional kitchens
- Coaching to become successful in your work and help finding a job
- Support services for personal needs, including housing assistance
QUESTIONS? Visit the FareStart website or contact them at 206.267.6218.
FREE SUMMER MEALS & RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
WHEN: Monday – Friday, June 27 – August 24, 2018, 9:30am – 4pm
WHERE: View list of 19 locations
WHAT: This summer, Seattle Parks and Recreation, Seattle Human Services Department, and United Way of King County are partnering to host a drop-in summer program offering free meals and recreation activities. Activities are open for kids and teens ages 1-18; a free lunch and snacks will be provided.
- board games
- recreational games
FOR MORE INFO: Please contact Nicholas Farline at 206.615.0303 or email email@example.com.
FAMILY RESOURCE EXCHANGE
WHEN: Saturday, June 2, 2018, 10am – 2pm
WHERE: Madrona Elementary School (20301 32nd Ave S, Seatac, WA 98198)
WHAT: United Way is hosting a Community Resource Exchange, which offers free services and information to families and individuals experiencing homelessness. Childcare is available at the event.
⇒ Housing ⇒ Employment ⇒ Meals & Snacks ⇒ Kids’ Activities ⇒ Legal Services ⇒ Public Benefits ⇒ Financial Services