NEED HELP PAYING FOR JOB TRAINING?
WHAT: Get funding for professional technical training with the Workforce Education program at Shoreline Community College if you have been:
- A resident of Washington state for at least a year.
And if ANY of the following apply to you:
- Receive benefits from DSHS (food stamps/EBT, or TANF/cash assistance)
- Are considered low income, (i.e., 1 person makes $2,000 or less a month)
- Have received unemployment insurance in the past four years
- Are being laid off or formerly self-employed and need to retrain
- Have recently lost or divorced a spouse/significant other who was helping to support them
- Have become a veteran in the past four years
QUESTIONS/RESOURCES: Here is Shoreline Community College’s flyer. Contact Jenna Durney at 206.546.4739 or email her at email@example.com. Interested in community resources or community events? Join Jenna’s Community Resource Listserv by emailing her.
IT JOB RECRUITMENT EVENT
WHEN: Wednesday, 7/19/17, 1-4pm (for parking, we advise you arrive by 12:30pm)
WHERE: Redmond Library, 15990 NE 85th Street, Redmond, WA 98052
WHAT: This is a networking and recruiting event for anyone with IT skills and experience. Be one of the first 20 contestants to sign up and you can give a short pitch in front of all the employers present. Some of the employers include:
- Hansell Tierney
- Staffing Technologies
- Viri Technology
- Volt Workforce Solutions
SENIORS TRAINING SENIORS IN COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY: LAST CHANCE FOR POWERPOINT CLASS
WHEN: Wednesday, 7/26/17, 9:30am-2pm
WHERE: 810 3rd Avenue, Suite 449 (4th floor computer lab)
WHAT: Learn to create digital presentations with the software PowerPoint. The class is taught by high school students trained and experienced with computer technology. There are only a few spots left so be sure to sign up now! Bring an ice-packed lunch or purchase lunch nearby. A private lunch room is available for your use (no food or drink near the computers or at your seat).
SIGN UP: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, preferred email address, phone number, and class preference. You will receive a confirmation email within a few days of the class.
QUESTIONS: Email Lynda Hunter at email@example.com with any questions.