Even though the garden is quiet and the trees are bare, it’s time to start thinking about fruit tree care. Remember – healthy trees equals healthy fruit! We’d like to recommend the following opportunities to learn more about caring for your fruit tree:
- Our friends at City Fruit have a host of classes coming up on fruit tree pruning and care. Also check out their resources for learning about pruning and tree care.
- Plant Amnesty also has a variety of pruning classes in February and March. If you don’t want to do your own pruning, they also offer an arborist referral service.
- The Seattle Tree Fruit Society has a list of upcoming workshops and classes.
- 21 Acres in Woodinville will hold a fruit tree grafting and care seminar in February.
- Sky Nursery in Shoreline is hosting several free workshops in January and February.
- Plans are also in the works for a hands-on fruit tree pruning workshop and volunteer workparty at Marra Farm next month. We did this last year with great success, and are excited to offer it again. E-mail email@example.com for more information or watch this space for details.
Know of another pruning workshop being offered? Let us know in the comments section!