YOUTHBUILD CONSTRUCTION APPRENTICESHIP ORIENTATION
WHEN: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 12pm; next apprenticeship group (cohort) starts June 5
WHERE: South Seattle College – Georgetown Campus, Building B, Room 118 (6737 Corson Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108)
WHAT: At YouthCare’s YouthBuild programs in the United States and across the globe, low-income young people learn construction skills to help build affordable housing and other community assets such as community centers and schools. Potential candidates must be qualified for Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) or Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET) programs.
Reasons to come to this orientation/hiring event:
- You want to make a change.
- You like to work with your hands.
- You want to obtain your GED/High School Diploma.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 24.
- You are interested in the trades.
- You are able to work in the US.
This program offers the opportunity to:
- Learn basic construction skills.
- Engage in leadership development training.
- Work toward your GED/high school diploma.
- Earn a biweekly stipend.
- Obtain various trade certifications, such as OSHA, first aid/CPR, forklift and flagging.
REGISTER NOW! Contact Liletha Williams at 206.617.4476 or firstname.lastname@example.org. First come, first served.
JOB HUNTER’S BOOT CAMP
WHEN: May 30, June 1, 6 & 8, 1–4pm and June 12, 10am–12pm. (Participants must commit to attend all 5 sessions, have basic computer skills, and be conducting an active job search.)
WHERE: WorkSource Rainier (2531 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144)
WHAT: This series is an intensive “how-to” from A to Z for job seekers which covers:
- Effective job search, networking & research
- Attention-getting base resumes
- Well-crafted resume customization
- Dynamic interviewing techniques, including a mock interview with a business professional
QUESTIONS/TO REGISTER: Contact Lee Forshey at email@example.com. Space is limited to 8 participants.
TILTH ALLIANCE CSA (COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE)
WHEN: 20 weeks, June-October, 2017
WHERE: Locations throughout King County
WHAT: Enjoy a curated box of fresh seasonal produce each week. You select the box size and pickup location most suitable for your household. A range of payment plans are available to select when you sign up!
In partnership with the City of Seattle, Tilth Alliance is proud to accept a limited number of SNAP/EBT payments at 50% off for each full and half share!
What’s In a Box? Members can expect to receive a diverse selection of seasonal, local, organic and ecologically grown vegetables, herbs and fruit direct from farmers in Tilth Alliance programs and family farmers around our region. Plus, optional add-ons like eggs, grains, flowers, cheese and more to make your weekly box even better!
Leave a Comment