RESOURCE FAIRS FOR LGBTQ SENIORS
1) Saturday, April 29, 2017, 10am-3pm
2) Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 10am-3pm
1) 4/29: Northgate Community Center (10510 5th Ave NE, Seattle 98112); onsite and on-street parking. Served by Metro routes 41, 67, 75, 347 and 348.
2) 5/10: Miller Community Center (330 19th Ave E, Seattle 98125); ample onsite and on-street parking. Served by Metro routes 8, 12 and 43.
- Find groups and fun social activities
- Help with utility bills and housing
- Fitness programs and healthy eating
- Help with changing military discharge status
- Help with changing gender markers on IDs
QUESTIONS? For general questions, transportation assistance, or to be a vendor or table, contact Cheryl Brown at 206.615.0619 or Cheryl.Brown@seattle.gov.
CAREERS & EMPLOYMENT SOFT SKILLS WORKSHOP SERIES
WHEN: Saturdays, 10am-1:30pm: 1) April 29, 2) May 13, 3) June 3, 4) June 24
WHERE: Solid Ground (1501 N 45th St, Seattle, WA 98103)
WHAT: This is the first in a FREE four-part series. Sign up for the series or a single class. Registration required! A light breakfast will be provided.
Session 1: Career Path
Saturday, April 29, 2017, 10am–1:30pm
- An interactive exercise to flush out potential careers
- Discussion of your chosen career
- Identifying strengths that can be applied to a number of careers
- Followed by a basic discussion on how to pursue that career (i.e., employment history, volunteerism, education, networking, salary, etc.)
The next sessions are:
Session 2: How to Sell Yourself in an Interview/Transferrable Skills
Saturday, May 13, 2017, 10am–1:30pm
Session 3: Online Applications/How to Navigate Successfully
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 10am–1:30pm
Session 4: Conflict Resolution/Getting Along with Coworkers
Saturday, June 24, 2017, 10am–1:30pm
QUESTIONS/TO REGISTER: Contact Celestine at 206.694.6808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RENT SMART TENANT RIGHTS WORKSHOP
WHEN: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 5:30-7pm
WHERE: Douglass-Truth Branch of the Seattle Public Library (2300 E Yesler Way, Seattle, WA 98122)
WHAT: Tenant Services is a program of Solid Ground. This FREE Rent Smart workshop for current and future renters and tenant advocates includes:
- Know and assert your rights as tenants
- Navigate the housing search and landlord screening process
- Protect yourself from eviction and housing loss
- Learn how to get deposits back and repairs made
Please note that while Solid Ground’s Tenant Counselors are not attorneys and cannot provide legal advice, they are recognized leaders in tenant education and advocacy.
QUESTIONS/TO RSVP: email@example.com, 206.694.6748
MORE INFO: Visit Solid Ground’s For Tenants website for a wealth of self-help information for tenants.
Leave a Comment