WASHINGTON HEALTH BENEFIT EXCHANGE…
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR 2018 HEALTH PLANS STARTS NOW!
WHEN: Wednesday November 1, 2017 – January 15, 2018
WHAT: Open Enrollment for 2018 health coverage in Washington state begins today and runs through January 15, 2018. For coverage beginning January 1, 2018, you must choose a plan by December 15, 2017.
Washington Apple Health (Medicaid): Depending on your income level, you may be eligible for Washington Apple Health FREE health insurance. If you qualify for Washington Apple Health (also called Medicaid), enrollment is ongoing – you can sign up any time. You can create an account to apply to find out if you’re eligible.
Washington Healthplanfinder: If you earn too much for Washington Apple Health, you can buy one of the insurance plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder. You may qualify for assistance with paying your premium.
FOR MORE INFO & HELP:
If you need help understanding your health insurance options in Washington state, you’re in luck. While navigation support was cut at the federal level, our state has INCREASED the number of In-Person Assistants and Outreach Sites to help people navigate the system. Below are some resources to get you started.
- APPLY for WA APPLE HEALTH if you want to find out if you qualify for FREE health insurance.
- SHOP for HEALTH PLANS at Washington Healthplanfinder.
- FIND an IN-PERSON ASSISTANT “NAVIGATOR” (FREE!) anywhere in Washington state.
- CHECK OUT King County’s Enrollment Assistance Tips (www.kingcounty.gov/coverage).
- VISIT a Health Insurance Enrollment location.
- Healthplanfinder’s Call Center: 1.855.923.4633
- King County’s Help Line: 1.800.756.5437