Are you passionate about community food security, gleaning, gardening and community building? Come join the Lettuce Link team through the Rotary First Harvest’s Harvest Against Hunger AmeriCorps*VISTA position.
Lettuce Link AmeriCorps*VISTA Gleaning Coordinator
This position will work in collaboration with community groups to expand participation in fruit tree gleaning and growing food for Seattle area food banks and meal programs, working with the Community Fruit Tree Harvest and the P-Patch Giving Gardens.
Specific responsibilities include volunteer recruitment, community outreach and program coordination. This is a good fit for you if you:
- Have an interest in working with people from a variety of racial, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Have worked with volunteer organizations and/or the emergency food system.
- Are highly organized and self-directed with the ability to speak to groups.
- Can work independently and collaboratively and juggle many different projects.
- Are committed to diversity, undoing racism, innovation and community-building.
- Can work weekends and occasional evenings during the growing season (with time off in exchange).
- Like to work in an office as well as an outdoor environment, including working in hot or cold conditions, and can lift 30-50 pounds regularly during the harvest.
- Are comfortable with web-based social networking technology.
The positions are open to applicants until December 23, 2011 (applications reviewed as received). Please both apply online and send your resume and a cover letter that explains your interest and fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.