Prevention is the most cost-effective way to reduce homelessness. To do this, we help people stay in their current homes when possible – rapidly rehouse them when it’s not – and provide in-depth case management and other support services to help them hold on to stable housing.
Topics on this page:
Solid Ground is a HUD-certified Housing Counseling agency serving people across Washington state. Our Tenant Counselors help families and individuals maintain permanent and reliable rental housing through:
- Resources and tools to prevent eviction and ensure housing stability.
- Help understanding renters’ rights and responsibilities.
- Information on the Washington State Residential Landlord-Tenant Act and other laws impacting renters.
- Support with housing search, including where to look, how to apply, and credit screening.
- Guidance through the eviction process.
- Legal and community resource referrals.
Rapid Rehousing & Shelter Diversion
Research shows that the faster people experiencing homelessness get back into housing, the more successful they will be long-term. Our JourneyHome program provides rapid rehousing, case management, housing advocacy, and housing search assistance for families with children experiencing homelessness in King County.
Shelter Diversion seeks to keep people experiencing homelessness from having to enter the shelter system in the first place by looking at flexible, creative options to safely divert them to housing.
- Supports families with children in getting into housing as quickly as possible.
- Helps families set realistic goals to secure and maintain permanent housing.
- Builds strong relationships with landlords to gain access to housing.
- Emphasizes skills and resources people need to get and stay housed.
With the support of a case manager/housing advocate team and flexible funding, each family develops goal plans to help address barriers preventing them from getting and keeping permanent housing.