- Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Time: 11am - 3pm
- Location: Bothell Safeway (24040 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA 98021) (view map »)
- Price: FREE to anyone with an EBT card
Want to learn how to save money at the grocery store and buy healthier foods for your family? Join Solid Ground’s Cooking Matters for a grocery store event day at Safeway in Bothell!
During the event, you’ll practice skills like:
- buying fruits & vegetables
- comparing unit prices to find bargains
- reading & comparing food labels
- identifying whole grains
- sticking to your budget while grocery shopping!
- $10 gift card to purchase healthy groceries of your choice (using the skills learned on the tour)
- a FREE book full of tasty recipes & simple tips on buying healthy, low-cost foods (available in English & Spanish)
- a FREE reusable grocery bag
This tour is available to anyone with an EBT card.
*Note: You can come at any time between 11am& 3pm but please allow yourself thirty minutes to complete the tour*