- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Time: 3-4:45pm
- Location: Virtual: Register for Zoom link
- Price: FREE!
RENT SMART WEBINAR IN ENGLISH
Housing Search Part 2 – Overcoming Barriers to Housing
This second of a three-part series on your housing search focuses on overcoming barriers that prevent tenants from successfully getting into rental housing. Topics include:
- tenant credit information
- evictions and orders of limited dissemination
- dealing with past debt
- criminal history on tenant record
- landlord discrimination
See More Upcoming Tenant Webinars
- Rent Smart Webinars in English
- ¡Inquilinos Inteligentes! Talleres Virtuales en Español
- Tenant Webinar Videos
About Rent Smart
Solid Ground Tenant Counselors present Rent Smart webinars in partnership with the King County Library System (KCLS). Tenant Law Center attorneys are available to help answer questions.
Please register separately for each webinar! You’ll receive an email with a Zoom link 24 hours before each event. You can connect to Rent Smart webinars by computer or phone. To request reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven days before an event. Automated closed captioning is always available for online events.
Need more help?
- For Tenants online resources: Solid Ground’s website with self-help information on topics like housing search, eviction, rental agreements, and much more to help Washington state renters understand their rights and processes under landlord-tenant law.
- Housing Justice Project (HJP): 206.267.7069 or email email@example.com – Legal assistance for King County residents being threatened with eviction.
- Tenant Law Center: 206.324.6890 – Free legal assistance for qualifying low-income Seattle and King County residents facing eviction or subsidy termination.
- Tenant Services Message Line: 206.694.6767 – Solid Ground’s MESSAGE-ONLY line for Washington state tenants. Leave a message Mondays or Thursdays, 10:30am to 1:30pm (except holidays), and a Tenant Counselor will get back to you. (Hours and days are subject to change.)