- Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- Time: 3-4:45pm
- Location: Virtual: Register to get link
- Price: FREE!
RENT SMART WEBINAR in ENGLISH:
Breaking a Lease
Do you need to break your lease to escape a dangerous situation? In this webinar, we’ll go over three scenarios where you may be able to break a lease without liability.
1) You’ve experienced stalking, unlawful harassment, domestic violence, or sexual assault.
2) You’ve been assaulted by another tenant, and the other tenant was arrested.
3) Your landlord hasn’t responded to a serious repair issue in a reasonable amount of time.
We’ll also discuss what to expect when breaking a lease in other circumstances.
Presented by Solid Ground Tenant Counselors; a visiting attorney from the Tenant Law Center will also be on hand to help answer questions.See all Rent Smart Webinars in English
Need More Help?
- King County residents being threatened with eviction can contact the Housing Justice Project for legal assistance at 253.234.4204 or email@example.com.
- Washington state residents can visit Solid Ground’s For Tenants website for self-help information, or call Solid Ground’s message-only Tenant Services Message Hotline, currently open Mondays and Thursdays, 10:30am – 1:30pm: 206.694.6767 | TTY: 7.1.1 (hours and days are subject to change).
Rent Smart is offered in partnership with Solid Ground’s Tenant Services and the King County Library System (KCLS).