- Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2022
- Time: 1:30-3:30pm
- Location: Virtual: Register to get link
- Price: FREE!
The Coalition on Homelessness and Solid Ground’s Benefits Legal Assistance (BLA) attorneys invite you to join us for a Public Benefits Are Key! session on understanding the Medicare Savings Program and Spenddowns to help people experiencing homelessness apply for and maintain public benefits.
Geared toward case managers working with people experiencing homelessness – both new case managers as well as experienced providers who have questions and would like additional support navigating Medicare Savings Program and Spenddowns – this practical, hands-on training offers tangible action steps and additional resources to ensure that people experiencing homelessness aren’t at a disadvantage when applying or qualifying for these programs.
This in-depth training will cover:
- eligibility, income, and resource limits
- how to use the Medicare Savings and Spenddown programs
- best practices for helping clients apply for these benefits
- strategies you can use to assist people experiencing homelessness successfully navigate the application process
- how to troubleshoot issues for people who already have Medicare Savings Program and Spenddowns benefits
- what you can do as a case manager to help your client with this process
- when to contact an attorney
The session includes a 30-minute “Ask a Lawyer” segment where BLA Public Benefits attorneys can answer your specific questions. Participants can also email questions in advance to email@example.com (please put “Ask a Lawyer” in the subject line).
While this session is geared toward direct service providers, anyone from your agency is welcome to attend.
- Benefits Legal Assistance (BLA) provides legal help and information to single adults and families whose Washington state benefits have been reduced, terminated, or denied – and those given benefits overpayment notices. To learn more, contact BLA at 206.694.6742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about this session? Contact SKCCH Program Manager Jody Rauch at email@example.com.