Broadview Shelter & Transitional Housing seeks volunteers to assist with data entry and administrative support.
About Broadview Shelter & Transitional Housing
Broadview provides secure, confidential housing for parents with kids who’ve survived domestic violence (DV) and are moving out of homelessness. Using a trauma-informed care model, we help families address the issues that led to their housing loss, develop a strong community support system, and find and secure permanent housing. Volunteers play an important role at Broadview!
Data Entry & Office Support Volunteer
The Broadview Data Entry & Office Support Volunteer(s) will support the administrative coordinator and other staff. Duties include:
- Gathering information and data from resident files for data entry, such as intake and exit dates, referrals etc.
- Entering data into Salesforce and HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) to provide services to people experiencing homelessness.
- Counting and tracking bus tickets for distribution to residents.
- Assisting in pulling reports.
- Occasional front desk support.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
Volunteers should be able to commit at least one year to this position. They will volunteer 5-20 hours per week in person at Broadview. Business hours are Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Able to make a minimum one-year commitment to this position.
- Experience with data entry and administrative support.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills and willingness to maintain data integrity.
- Basic knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Willingness and ability to work with people from a variety of racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds, with various lifestyles, sexual orientations, and ages.