We are looking for volunteers to help make masks for vulnerable Solid Ground residents and staff who are providing essential services to protect against COVID-19. Child-size masks especially needed!
- Volunteer Intake Form: Please fill out this form if you are able to participate!
Some mask-making resources:
- Easy DIY Face Mask Pattern (Skip to My Lou): Visit this webpage for some free recommended mask-making instructions for both adult and child-size masks
- Kid Mask Template (See Kate Sew)
- How to Make a Face Mask for Kids Using a Sewing Machine (Good Housekeeping)
- How to Make An Accessible, Deaf-Friendly Face Mask (The Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center): Step-by-step instructions (PDF) on how to make a mask that allows others to see your lips as you speak.
- Call us at 206.694.6700 or at 206.694.6804 let us know if you need materials/supplies (fabric and ribbon) to make masks.
- Pick up supplies weekdays, 10am-2pm, at Solid Ground’s Wallingford offices at 1501 N 45th St, Seattle, WA 98103
- Call 206.694.6700 when you arrive and a staff member will meet you at the door.
- Mail in or drop off masks between 10am-2pm weekdays at Solid Ground’s Wallingford offices at 1501 N 45th St, Seattle, WA 98103. (Please use this self-screening tool before delivering masks in person to keep yourself and others safe.)
- Mask Donation Form: Please download, fill in, and bring this form along or mail it with your donation.
- Call 206.694.6700 or at 206.694.6804 when you arrive and a staff member will meet you at the door.
Thank you for your contributions!
BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color) are strongly encouraged to volunteer.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 206.694.6825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solid Ground believes poverty is solvable. Volunteers play a critical role in helping us meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change – so everyone in our community can achieve their full potential.