SEATTLE LAUNCHES FRESH PRODUCE “PRESCRIPTION” PROGRAM
WHAT: Fresh Bucks Rx, a prescription program aimed at improving health outcomes for low-income patients with diet-related diseases, is now available as part of Seattle’s Fresh Bucks food access program. Health providers can prescribe fruits and vegetables to their patients. Patients will use vouchers from their providers to redeem foods at farmers markets or farm stands.
WHO: The City of Seattle, Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic, Harborview Medical Center, and Seattle and King County farmers markets have worked together to launch Fresh Bucks Rx.
HELP FOR DENTAL, VISION & HEARING SERVICES NOT COVERED BY MEDICARE
WHAT: This fact sheet highlights alternative resources that may be able to help low-income seniors and people living with disabilities receive free or discounted dental, vision and hearing services.
3 “RENT SMART” TENANT RIGHTS WORKSHOPS
WHEN & WHERE:
- Tuesday, August 23 (Central District) 5:30-7:30pm at Seattle Public Library, Douglass Truth Branch, 2300 E Yesler Way, Seattle WA 98122 (map)
- Tuesday, August 23 (Federal Way) **Spanish** 7-8:30pm at Federal Way Library, 848 S 320th St, Federal Way, WA 98003 (map)
- Thursday, August 25 (Federal Way) 7-8:30pm at Federal Way Library, 34200 1st Way S, Federal Way WA 98003 (map)
WHAT: Free workshop for current and future renters and tenant advocates. Solid Ground Tenant counselors will cover information to help you…
- Know and assert your rights as tenants
- Navigate the housing search and landlord screening process
- Protect yourself from eviction and housing loss
- Learn how to get deposits back and repairs made
FREE JOB READINESS WORKSHOP
WHEN: August 24, 2-4pm (invited to stay until 6pm for mock interviews)
WHERE: Seattle Public Library, University Branch, 4740 University Way NE, Seattle (map)
WHAT: Ace your job interview, gain job searching skills, and learn how to sell yourself during a job interview.
- Free haircuts from 4-5:30pm, after the interview workshop
- For teens through 26 years old
QUESTIONS? Kristy Gale, Young Adult Services Librarian, 206.684.4063