WHERE TO GET LIFELINE CELL PHONES
Where can people living on low incomes get free Lifeline cell phones in person?
- Jones Community Solutions can sign people up for Budget Mobile phones (with 350 free minutes and 350 free texts per month) and provide Budget Mobile customer service (additional minutes and recertification). They cannot provide replacement phones; call the national office about replacements: 888.777.4007.Their offices are at 5623 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118 and their phone number is 206.258.1441. Office hours are Monday-Friday 11am–2pm. Typical wait time is about one week; they cannot usually provide phones same day. They also have a presence at the Auburn Food Bank (930 18th Pl NE) on Fridays.
- Total Call Mobile is signing people up for free Lifeline phones in Seattle & Tacoma, and they are looking for a storefront somewhere in between. Jesse can be reached at 253.777.6844 and currently comes to Seattle at the Millionair Club (1525 Western Ave) on Wednesdays, 11am–2pm. He gives out free phones with 500 free minutes on-the-spot to DSHS recipients.
- Barbara Bennum at 253.347.1187 offers SafeLink Wireless, which now offers 500 minutes for the first four months, 350 minutes per month thereafter. She helps you apply in person, not over the phone.
- Access Wireless: 888.900.5899
- Assurance Wireless: 888.898.4888
- Budget Mobile: 888.777.4007
- EnTouch Wireless: 866.488.8719
- Life Wireless: 888.543.3620
- SafeLink Wireless: 800.977.3768; 253.347.1187
- Total Call Mobile: 800.661.7391; 253.652.8873
- YourTel Wireless: 855.299.9991
What about only voice mail?
If you have a credit card or PayPal account, you can check out CopyCall for $5/month and no contracts (cancel at any time). They provide local, stand-alone numbers with voice mail, personalized greetings and your own PIN number, similar to Community Voice Mail.
SEATTLE ELECTRICITY DISCOUNTS
If you are a Seattle City Light customer … with a total household income at or below 70% of the state median income… and not already receiving a direct utility allowance through federally subsidized housing…
You may qualify for the Seattle City Light Utility Discount Program!
Questions? Contact William Mace at PH: 206.233.2155 FAX: 206.287.5368
JOB HUNTERS’ BOOT CAMP – 10 participants only!
WHEN: 5/17, 5/19, 5/24, 5/26 & 6/2, 1–4pm
Participants must commit to attend all 5 sessions and be conducting an active job search.
WHERE: WorkSource Rainier, 2531 Rainier Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144
This series is an intensive “how-to” from A to Z for job seekers which covers:
- Effective job search, networking & research
- Attention-getting base résumés
- Well-crafted résumé customization
- Dynamic interviewing techniques including a mock interview
PROPERTY TAX BREAKS FOR SENIORS
Thousands of King County seniors over the age of 61 may be eligible for a property tax break and not know it. Eligible participants must have an income below $40,000 and be in the correct age group. Others may be eligible for partial breaks. Find more information on the King County Assessor’s website.
Leave a Comment