Community Food Education Calendar
Starbucks Marra Farm Volunteer Opportunity
June 8 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Special considerations for COVID-19
- Distancing of 6 feet or more will be observed while working on the farm.
- Bring and wear a mask for at least the brief times that it’s harder to space out. We can provide you one if needed.
- We’re adapting as new best practices come forward from public health officials.
Garden at Marra Farm (South Park)
- Contact: Your contact the day of the event will be Scott Behmer (206.948.1329)
- Location: Solid Ground’s Giving Garden at Marra Farm is located in the northwest corner of Marra-Desimone Park at 9026 4th Ave South, Seattle WA 98108.
- Please fill out an adult volunteer waiver or youth volunteer waiver.
What to bring:
- Lunch and/or snacks
- Water bottle
- Clothes and shoes for working outside in all weather -raincoat, warm socks, sturdy shoes, sunhat, etc.
- Your own gardening gloves if you have them. Otherwise you’re welcome to use ours and they will be laundered in between use.
- We provide knee pads/tools/etc. but you’re also welcome to bring your own.
Many of our volunteers start with limited or no gardening knowledge and learn as they go, so we welcome you with whatever level of gardening skills and knowledge you bring! We look forward to working with you this season!
For More Info
Questions about Community Food Education volunteer training or opportunities? Please email email@example.com.