Community Food Education Calendar
- This event has passed.
Marra Farm Drop-In Hours
September 19 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, repeating until November 28, 2020
Marra Farm regular volunteer opportunities are available Tuesdays and Fridays from 9am-2pm and Saturdays from 10am-2pm. Please register so that our farm coordinator Scott knows to expect you. All first time farm volunteers need to fill out a one-time volunteer application.
Special considerations for COVID-19
- We recommend bringing your own gardening gloves if you have them. Otherwise you’re welcome to use ours and they will be laundered in between use.
- All common touch points as well as tools are being either sprayed with a bleach solution or washed with soap and water at least once per day.
- We are limiting volunteer registration to 15 people at a time.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more will be observed while working on the farm.
- We’re adapting as new best practices come forward from public health officials.
Garden at Marra Farm (South Park)
What to bring:
- Lunch and/or snacks
- Water bottle
- Clothes and shoes for working outside in all weather -raincoat, warm socks, sturdy shoes, sunhat, etc.
- We provide gloves/knee pads/tools/etc.
Many of our volunteers start with limited or no gardening knowledge and learn as they go, so we welcome you with whatever level of gardening skills and knowledge you bring! We look forward to working with you this season!
For More Info
Questions about Community Food Education volunteer training or opportunities? Please email email@example.com.