Be the central point of contact for groups and individuals interested in volunteering at Solid Ground.
The Volunteer Coordinator serves as the central point of contact for agency volunteer efforts and is responsible for coordinating overall strategy to generate volunteer assistance for programs and initiatives of Solid Ground including support of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), and support for Solid Ground staff in the utilization, management and recognition of volunteers placed throughout the agency.
Essential Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks
45% – Act as the central point of contact for groups and individuals interested in volunteering at Solid Ground.
- Coordinate overall volunteer functions within Solid Ground including recruitment, volunteer intake, orientation, management, recognition and retention.
- Recruit Solid Ground volunteers, RSVP volunteers, work study students, and interns. In conjunction with Solid Ground Programs, RSVP and Resource Development staff, work with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships. Screen and match potential volunteers to appropriate Solid Ground volunteer opportunities including Solid Ground events. Coordinate volunteers for agency events and service days. Hold regular volunteer orientations, assuring all incoming volunteers have an overall understanding of Solid Ground, programs and services, Anti-racism initiative and volunteer expectations. Develop and update program information and training materials as needed.
- Develop and carry out central recognition systems in addition to assisting programs with ongoing volunteer recognition. Visit program sites and interact with volunteers getting informal as well as formal feedback on volunteer experience.
35% – Provide overall administrative functions, including records and database management.
- Maintain, updates, and coordinate the volunteer database and data. Responsible for making sure data entry is complete.
- Run standard and custom reports, work with program staff to maintain database integrity and efficiencies.
- Develop and update user database manuals and train others on specific responsibilities, features, permissions and use.
- Update Solid Ground website and other volunteer recruitment resources on a regular basis and respond to all inquiries.
15% – Provide input and support to developing systems which enhance volunteer programming within Solid Ground.
- Develop and improv volunteer systems, document policies and procedures, train staff on them and monitor compliance.
- Assist program staff in creating appropriate job descriptions, volunteer workplan design, management and the development of support systems.
5% – Other
- Participate in program, Department, agency and Anti-Racism Initiative meetings, required committees and relevant trainings as required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Full Job Description