The Microsoft 365 Implementation Specialist will be responsible for the enablement and implementation of the Microsoft 365 (E1 and Apps for Enterprise) and related SaaS tools, and for migration of files to it. They will work with Solid Ground’s Microsoft 365 adoption consultants and our governance, super users, and information technology teams to:
- Implement and evolve a SharePoint Online intranet, including site architecture, page construction, and theming
- Assist teams with the setup, organization, and utilization of Teams
- Ensure an effective transition of staff to the use of OneDrive for personal file management
- Assist teams and groups to use Planner (Tasks in Teams) for agile project management
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to protect data, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and promote safe and secure collaboration
- Use the Microsoft 365 Admin Center to configure settings including, but not limited to, external sharing, search and security
- Migrate content from network drives to SharePoint and OneDrive
- Prepare knowledge base articles and other online documentation
- Provide instruction, coaching, and support for the use of Microsoft 365
- Monitor and respond to internal issues and feature requests lists and Microsoft 365 updates
- Stay abreast of and communicate regularly about new and changed Microsoft 365 features and related technologies
Essential Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks
40% Coordinate across the organization, including management and staff (about 200 people), toward adoption and implementation of key Microsoft 365 apps, including SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive, and Planner, in coordination with Microsoft 365 adoption consultants and our governance, super users, and information technology teams.
20% Provision of instruction, coaching, documentation, and support for the use of Microsoft 365.
15% Preparation of policies and procedures to protect data, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and promote safe and secure collaboration. Assistance with the implementation of security solutions.
15% Coordinate, document, and report on governance activities in support of the Microsoft 365 governance, super users, and other groups.
10% Serve as primarily backup to the Accounts Payable Accountant, being able to complete the entire position in the incumbent’s absence. Serve as secondary backup to the Payroll Accountant, and be able to perform emergency payroll check functions and the completion of a payroll cycle in the absence of the incumbent. This includes verifying timesheets and vacation and pay advances, check cutting, positive pay procedures, and distribution, and working with HR and other Finance staff as necessary.
10% Stay abreast of and communicate regularly about new and changed Microsoft 365 features and related technologies.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Full Job Description