As part of the Programs Office, this management role is responsible for the planning and implementation of agency-wide information and compliance systems, as well as developing program policies and procedures, and tracking community engagement and improvement plans. The Strategic Information Systems Manager (SISM) partners with leaders and teams across the agency in the ongoing development and implementation of an agency-wide database, along with regular environmental scans, surveys, and community strengths and needs assessments.
This position is responsible for compliance and reporting with the Department of Commerce contract for the allocation of CSBG funds. The SISM incorporates national, organizational and contract performance indicators into strategic and departmental work plans, tracking and reporting progress and supports teams and leaders to develop competency and capacity in these areas.
Essential Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks
30% Define and implement organizational measurements, in partnership with strategic and department leaders, to inform mission impact and organization-wide decision-making.
- Lead the ongoing development and integration of data and compliance systems into program workflows.
- Support service and administrative programs to identify performance indicators in alignment with Solid Ground’s strategic plans and theory of change, as well as with outcome measures including but not limited to National Performance Indicators (NPIs).
- Manage the database and survey projects across the organization in conjunction with IT to ensure systems are structured to capture the information and reports which are useful to programs reporting to other entities. Participate in strategic projects as requested.
Complete Community Needs Assessments as required by Community Action Partnership (CAP) affiliation.
- Work with the Programs teams and other partners to collect information directly from communities living with low incomes (e.g. Statewide Poverty Action meetings, focus groups).
- Gather and maintain information about community strengths and needs as expressed externally, (e.g. partner reports, interviews).
- Participate in discussions about strategic planning, theory of change, and communicating community needs.
- Write community assessment and agency response plan. Track progress on CNA plan; report to the board and work with partner organizations on plan and improvements.
30% Build a culture of learning and continuous improvement by supporting the development of competencies and capacity in leaders and teams, including quality improvement, community engagement, data analysis, and the use of tools including dashboards and uniform reporting methods.
- Maintain ROMA (Results-Oriented Management and Accountability) certification as required by CSBG.
- Work with leaders to implement reporting structures (e.g. dashboards) in alignment with the Theory of Change and other strategic requirements.
- Conduct community needs assessment and customer satisfaction surveys to measure performance indicator achievement; communicate findings to leaders, including the board of directors, and put forth recommendations for service (impact) and business (process) improvements; partner to create solutions to enable and sustain improvements.
- Collect and communicate data across the agency. Oversee VISTA placements, interns, and other resources as needed.
20% Manage compliance and reporting of organizational (performance, service, community) standards, including those required by Department of Commerce.
- Define and regularly communicate compliance standards to agency leadership and work to ensure that leaders report on compliance with the standards.
- Collect and provide proof of standards to reporting entities along with explanation of compliance. Complete Washington State Quality Assurance (WSQA) reports and other compliance requirements as identified. Support compliance with processes and policies associated with contractual requirements.
- Work with programs, Resource Development, and Finance to ensure compliance efforts are aligned and documented by teams.
10% Ensure contract compliance with cross-program contracts, including Department of Commerce contracts allocating CSBG funds.
- Maintain relationship with contract monitor, track program requirements and deadlines.
- Work closely with programs that receive funding to ensure submission of reporting requirements, including mid-year reports and tracking of outcomes. Work with Finance to allocate funds to programs in accordance with programs ability to report and CSBG requirements.
- Route contracts and budgets. Document in system all programs, outcomes, target and achievements.
10% Participate in program, department and agency meetings and relevant training as required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Full Job Description