The Senior Programs Director will positively impact the delivery of Solid Ground’s programs by strengthening alignment with the agency’s goals and values.
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Programs Director serves as a critical member of the Solid Ground Senior Leadership Team. The Senior Programs Director strengthens organizational capacity and alignment of the agency’s goals and values to positively impact the delivery of permanent supportive housing, family housing, rapid rehousing, food systems and food education, and gender-based violence supportive services. The Senior Programs Director will supervise 3 Program Directors (Stabilization Services, Domestic Violence Housing Services, and Residential Services) and will have financial oversite of $10M. This position will provide vision, leadership, and management to support the organization’s strategic direction, program implementation, measurement, and evaluation including the development of revenue generating programs like fee-based resident services and help with the organization’s strategic planning.
The Senior Programs Director serves as a liaison with government agencies and ensures stabilization programs and operational goals are met. As a strategic leader, the Senior Director of Programs partners to identify and cultivate strategic growth opportunities within their lines of service and to establish leadership practices that promote collaboration.
Essential Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks
- Partner with the Solid Ground Senior Leadership Team to establish a strategic vision and guiding philosophy that leads the organization into the future through organizational design, culture change, innovation, process improvement, and strong financial and program oversight.
- Develop and implement a strategic planning process to create a sustainable business model that delivers timely, impactful, client-facing programs that support the agency’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Oversee the development and expansion of fee-based services including resident services, behavioral health supports, and Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement, resulting in 2% net revenue growth.
- Evaluate the effects of internal and external influences on Solid Ground and the delivery of client-facing programs, developing short-term and long-term strategic plans that support the agency’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Coordinate with the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and agency staff to develop new program ideas and pilot projects, including integrating successful pilots into the Programs Department.
Operations and Systems
- Establish and maintain an effective, innovative Stabilization Action Center (including the development of an impact metrics dashboard, policy and best practice development, and grant and funder compliance)
- Lead the coordination, integration, and delivery of all stabilization programs, contracts, and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Ensure databases and systems are used appropriately by all programs
- Develop an ongoing assessment process to determine the feasibility and sustainability of programs, leading to more effective and efficient service delivery
- Analyze and assess programs based on data collected, implementing corrective measures for continuous improvement.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and effort.
- Ensure that program design and process alignment are carried out in keeping with Solid Ground’s values, mission, and vision.
- Ensure program partnerships are in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan, mission, vision, values, and goals.
Finance and Budgets
- Operate all programs, services, and activities, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- In collaboration with direct reports, monitor staffing levels and needs in response to internal and external environmental pressures that impact service delivery and budget; engage in workforce forecasting to anticipate impacts to budget and ensure programs are staffed appropriately.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility including quarterly forecasts and real time adjustments to finances.
- Respond to relevant government and program requests for proposals (RFP) and applications (RFA) in partnership with Development staff; coordinates planning and activities necessary for the development of model program designs in response to RFPs and RFAs.
- Support funding development efforts through the promotion and execution of Solid Ground’s annual fundraising event, proposal partnering with the CEO and Sr. Director of Philanthropy and Communication to steward funding relationships.
- Develop relationships with key individual donors and governmental agencies; help engage donors and federal, state, and local governmental funders through annual stewardship model.
Staff and Volunteer Development
- Accountable for the overall results, outcomes, and performance of the Stabilization Action Center delivery consistent with staff training requirements, annual performance goal, Anti-Racism and Trauma Informed Learning opportunities; and evaluate staff training needs to improve existing service delivery and/or in response to clients’ needs that are consistent with existing service priorities.
- Directly manage Solid Ground’s Stabilization and Housing Program Directors (Residential Services Director, Hunger and Food Resources and Stabilization Services Director, Broadview Emergency Services Director).
- Mentor and collaborate with Program Directors to train, evaluate, and develop of program staff, interns, and volunteers to support the agency’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Help ensure continued volunteer engagement and growth; resulting in 1% volunteer engagement growth year-over-year.
- Mentor and collaborate with Program Directors, managers, and other team members, supporting their development and progress toward the delivery of effective programs and positive outcomes.
- Provide regular feedback so that supervisors, managers, and directors can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Support equity and social justice process improvement to accomplish the agency’s vision, mission, and values.
- Foster an environment of collaboration by partnering with governmental entities, private sector agencies, community stakeholder and clients to ensure programs of services remains relevant to clients’ needs.
- Develop and maintain effective, innovative housing, food, and resident services that work to eliminate poverty, create equity and are in alignment with and enhances organization’s social justice work.
- Participate in intentional learning efforts, including events relating to understanding and dismantling institutional racism, trauma informed engagement, and building cultural competency.
- Stay current with social justice trends and events to shape enticing programs for clients and staff.
- Ensure that all department program directors have a clear understanding of organizational policy and process and cascading communication throughout individual teams.
- Ensure that all department programs and activities adhere to applicable laws and regulations and the mission, vision, values, and goals of Solid Ground.
- Ensures contract details/nuances are followed.
- Work directly with the Solid Ground Board of Directors and other key committees regarding the development, delivery, measurement and ongoing improvement of programs and services.
- Present to various Committees, Elected Officials, Funders, Stakeholders, Board of Directors, and the CEO, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Full Job Description