Help Solid Ground develop our dynamic, passionate team.
The Recruiter will actively recruit and attract talented and capable individuals from a variety of cultural, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds who are passionate about social justice, diversity, equity, inclusion, and ending the root causes of poverty. Through effective collaboration with Program Directors and Managers, the recruiter will be responsible to research and develop effective sourcing strategies for current and future needs, and use social media to attract and engage a network of social services providers, advocates, and cultural community influencers to build a qualified and diverse candidate pool from which to hire the right person at the right time.
The Recruiter will oversee a decentralized recruiting process that will convert to centralized recruiting process. This position provides a wide range of recruiting support for hiring managers and is responsible for facilitating, coordinating, and guiding the new hire process, to ensure adherence to the selection and administrative process, procedures, and policy and collective bargaining agreement interpretation.
The Recruiter will conduct phone screens, scheduling interviews & setting up interview panels for all levels. Maintain a focus on candidate experience throughout all phases of the recruiting process. Participate in both in-person and virtual recruiting events such as college recruiting, nonprofit conferences, and career fairs. Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of current programs and process to make recommendations for improvement. This position will assist and partner with Senior Human Resources Director in overseeing converting the decentralized recruiting process to a centralized full cycle recruiting process. As well as assisting in implementing an electronic ATS, applicant tracking system, and with training the hiring managers.
Essential Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks
Recruitment & Selection
- Consult with managers to confirm service selection; advise on recruitment process and policies; determine KSAs and finalize job description; and develop recruitment strategy, timeline for process completion, and negotiate roles for implementation.
- Develop a database of hire-ready qualified candidates for high turnover positions, and behavioral-based interview questions from which to build an effective selection process; and an array of sourcing techniques, assessment tools, techniques, and approaches for eliminating biases from the talent acquisition process.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with community groups, local social influencers, nonprofits, university career centers, social service partner agencies, and social services professional development groups.
- Promote and advertise employment opportunities at local job and community fairs, on social media and through diverse social and professional networks.
- Provide project management support for leadership recruitment.
- In collaboration with the Senior Human Resources Director, train hiring committees on interviewing skills; and hiring managers on behavioral-based interviewing and executing an efficient and effective talent acquisition process in compliance with employment law and DEI and racial equity principles, Solid Ground policies and procedures, and the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Review interview packets and approve selection processes to ensure compliance with Agency’s standards.
- Perform reference checks and criminal background checks.
- Create offer letters, new hire packets, and prepare documentation for soft and file archiving.
- Perform or oversee new hire first day orientation to verify employment eligibility, collect policies and equipment receipt signature pages and benefit elections, and other required paperwork.
Data & Recruitment Metrics
- Manage applicant and position tracking.
- Produce custom system reports pertaining to HR data/hiring metrics for quarterly reporting and as requested.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop efficiencies and streamline processes, identify agencies talent needs, and talent acquisition deficits; and develop solutions and interventions to enhance the acquisition and deployment of talent to accomplish the mission and goals of the agency.
Labor Contract, HR Policies & Procedures
Provide hiring policy/union contract and procedure guidance and interpretation; ensure talent acquisition and hiring processes comply with the provisions of the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems; participate in Department staff and Agency meetings; and attend professional development seminars and trainings as available.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Full Job Description