Apply Now for Apple Corps!
The Apple Corps project through Solid Ground is now accepting applications for AmeriCorps members to serve in our Seattle community! These full time volunteer positions are 10½ months long, starting September 15, 2014. Members receive a monthly stipend of $1,155 through the Washington Service Corps, plus an ORCA Card, and a $5,645 education award at the end of their term of service. (If you receive SSI benefits, TANF, food stamps, or other government entitlements your eligibility will not be affected by the AmeriCorps income).*Applicants must be 18-25 years old*
What will Members Do?
Apple Corps members will be placed at sites throughout Seattle to provide direct service to schools and non-profit agencies. Each site and position is different but in general, members will:
• collaborate with schools, community groups, and local organizations in need of additional health resources
• educate children about nutrition and gardening
• connect families to health-promoting resources
• recruit and train community volunteers
• develop their own leadership skills by participating in team trainings and local service projects
Apple Corps, as a program of Solid Ground, is committed to undoing racism. Members will engage in year-long training to explore and understand the relationship between institutionalized racism, health disparities, and poverty.
To Apply: Visit www.americorps.gov to submit your application by June 15, 2014 AND follow the links below to read more about each host site and position and to apply:
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.694.6711.